Chapter 10: Meet the New Family

E V A N N A

"Aw, but we would of had so much more fun..." Kylie trailed off, staring at me sadly.

Talia nudged her, "we're happy that you're going to your family."

"Oh yeah. That too. But I'm going to miss you..."

"Me too."

We all came in for a group hug. They were so kind and funny, I couldn't believe I was just leaving them like that. Sighing, I brought my suitcase outside, and waited for my dad.

"Leaving already, Huh?" Flora said, smiling.

I nodded, "This place is nice though."

Flora laughed, "good for you hun, I'm glad you're getting your family back."

I thanked her and Lilian, and waited. It's been three hours since he called, and now I was just waiting for him. I saw a black car pull up in the driveway, and a man rolled down the window.

"Are you Evanna?" He asked.

"Y-yes."

"I'm your father's assistant. I'm here to drive you."

I got in. And then, I realized, what if he's a serial killer. I literally got into a random person's car. Im going to die, aren't I. I popped another anxiety pill into my mouth and swallowed it.

"I'm Mike," the driver said.

"Hello, Mike..."

We had a causal conversation. Yeah, it was normal. I liked him actually.

"No, bananas should be eaten the other way!" Mike argued.

"No, you're wrong. The stem is what you hold, and you peel the other side."

"Who does that?"

"I do!"

Yup, a normal conversation.

We reached the airport. After hours of talking about bananas and books, we finally arrived. What if I see Claire! That would be awesome.

You know, you're leaving your mom behind. Such a terrible daughter.

I froze. The voice was right. My mom... her grave... I would be leaving her.

"Are you alright?" Mike asked.

"Y-yes."

Seriously, you're just going to leave? Worthless.

"No wait. I can't go..." I stammered, "My mom. She-she's here..."

Tears welled up in my eyes. "Hey, you'll always have your mom in your heart. It'll be okay, come on."

I nodded, not wanting to be a problem.

I'm sorry Mom. I love you so much.

I hated myself for doing this.

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆