Chapter 53: Invisible

E V A N N A

We were finally back to school. Christmas was two days ago, and nothing much happened yesterday. Matthew and I started texting each other a lot more often.

My dad.... I'm still invisible to him.

He hasn't talked to me since the night of the fight. He smiled and laughs with the others but doesn't acknowledge me. He talks over me sometimes like I don't actually exist.

Or worse, it makes me feel like I'm just... there.

You know, that feeing when you feel like it won't matter if you're here or not. You're just there, and then you get replaced by someone because I'm the least important person there.

I think everyone else noticed it too. They would stare at me, startled whenever Dad interrupted me and started talking about something else. I didn't even bother talking to my dad. There was no point.

My brothers were pissed at me. Except Jayden, who kept treating me the same from the start. My brothers couldn't believe I actually kissed someone.

"Evanna," Matthew grinned, coming up to me.

I smiled. "Hey..."

I grabbed my binder and we started walking to class. "How was your Christmas?"

"Great," he replied. "I couldn't stop thinking about you."

I blushed, looking away. "I'll see you later."

Matthew waved. "Bye."

I walked into class and realized, my desk was gone. My desk was actually gone. I looked around the classroom. People were snickering, whispering to each other.

"Where's my desk?" I asked Jayden, coming up to him.

"You don't belong here, so we moved it," Jayden answered nonchalantly.

I stared at the spot where my desk used to be.

"You should disappear...just like your desk." Dylan said.

"Where is it?" I asked again.

Jayden shrugged. "How should I know?"

I looked at the clock. The bell was about to ring in 7 minutes. "Jayden please. Where is it?"

Jayden smirked. "Outside."

I rushed out of the classroom and ran across the hallway, looking for somewhere Jayden could've hid my desk.

Roof.

I ran up the stairs, feeling my legs burn as I went up faster and faster. I heard the bell ring but I ignored it and kept going up. I finally reached the door that led to the roof.

It was always locked. How did Jayden manage to open it? I pushed the door open and got hit by a cold breeze. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to make myself warmer.

I spotted my desk near the edge of the roof. I ran up to it and stared at the note that was taped on.

"You're already at the roof. We did half the work for you. All you have to do now is jump."