Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents

E V A N N A

"Oh my gosh," I breathed out as I ran up to Matthew.

Matthew ran his fingers through his hair with his free hand as he smiled at me. "Miss me?"

I nodded, my smile getting bigger. "You're finally out of the hospital!"

He looked down at his arm cast and then at his ankle brace. "Yeah... but it's hard doing normal stuff."

"I can help," I offered, making him laugh.

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

I grabbed his backpack from the ground after his parents dropped it off. "Of course! I missed you so much."

"I missed you more."

"And you're only in eight grade," Natalie teased, walking next to me.

"You're back, Matthew." Summer grinned, coming next to Natalie.

Matthew chuckled. "Yes I am."

"Uh, Guys?" Summer nervously muttered.

I looked at her. "What?"

"Asshole alert," Natalie growled, making me face forwards.

I slightly cringed as I saw the asshole— oops, I meant Jayden ahead of me with his friends.

Man, why can't I say those stuff out loud? I mean I'm super confident to myself—

Actually... I'm not.

Yeah...

"Look who's back!" Jayden exclaimed, getting the attention of few students around.

"Yeah," Blake smirked. "We missed you."

"How's your ankle? And arm?" Owen commented.

Matthew glared at Jayden. "Nice bruise. Finally someone taught you a fucking lesson."

"Matthew," I hissed. "Come on. Let's just go."

But he was right... Jayden had a bruise on his face, and I was sure it was from Ethan. That's just great...

Jayden's smile dropped. "Acting tough now? Wanna impress your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend," Matthew growled, stepping closer.

Jayden took a step forward too. "What are you gonna do? Hit me?"

"Y'all gotta chill," Natalie sighed. "Honestly..."

"The redhead's talking again," Blake laughed.

"The dumbass is talking again," Natalie mocked, making Blake stop laughing.

"School's staring in 15 minutes," Summer muttered. "Can we go?"

"Not until I'm done," Jayden growled and lunged at Matthew with his fist, punching him square in the jaw.

Matthew winced as he fell down on his broken ankle. I ran in front of him, blocking him from Jayden. "Stop. Please, Jayden."