Chapter 19: Into The Woods

E V A N N A

"A cabin?" Ethan asked.

"Kind of. It's a holiday home, so basically a really big cabin." Dad explained.

"We're going there tomorrow?" Brandon asked, scrolling through his phone.

"Yup. There's a lake behind but there's only 4 rooms," Rose explained. "You guys will have to share. Two people in each. Your father and I will get one, and you guys decide how you'll share. There's 8 of you so-"

"8?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah, your cousin will be there too."

Andrew nodded and went back to looking through the TV.

"Brandon and I will share a room." Ethan said, and Brandon shrugged. "I'm fine with that."

"I want a room with Andrew and Alex!" Daniel quickly added, leaving Jayden and I.

"Do I have to be with her?" Jayden complained.

"Hey! It's an opportunity to get along and bond. You guys can share it with your cousin too, so it'll be fine," Rose said. "You guys will meet him at the cabin."

"I thought you said it was a big cabin, Why is there only 4 bedrooms?" Ethan asked.

"The living room, lounge, kitchen is big. The land is big, it's just that there's not that many rooms. We're just a big family," Dad responded.

I looked up, "How long are we staying?"

"Two days. Not that long. So you guys should start packing."

***
It was a 2 hour drive. I stayed quiet the whole time, looking out the window. Jayden had his headphones on and had his eyes closed. I could see Brandon on his phone, and besides Ethan, the rest were talking.

"They said there was a lake, right?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, we should go there," Alex replied.

"Evan, wanna join us?" Andrew teased.

Evan? Really? "No thank you."

"Do you really not know how to swim?" Daniel asked, laughing.

I didn't reply. It just made them laugh more. "You're such a baby, Par."

"I prefer Evan," I quietly mumbled, sighing. I hated that name. I really did. It was annoying.

"We're here," Ethan said.

"Finally!" Brandon exclaimed, rushing out of the car. "Hey, this place isn't bad."

I was the last one out, and the house was actually bigger than I thought. I went in, and the inside was beautiful. It looked very cozy, and just plain comfortable.

"Boys, go look at your rooms!" Rose told them. "Evanna, you should go too."

I nodded and went to the hallway only to find Ethan and Brandon arguing with Andrew, Alex, and Daniel.