Chapter 6: Memory

E V A N N A

I fell onto the floor, crying. The blade dropped. I picked it up and threw it into the trash can. I wasn't going to cut. I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them. I was in so much pain. My tears felt like acid, each one dripping off my face.

I cried myself to sleep that night. The next morning, I quickly got ready for school. Mom didn't come home yesterday. Skipping breakfast I went to school.

"Evanna!" Claire shouted, running towards me. I smiled. "Hey Claire!"

We walked to our lockers and out our bags away. "Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I hate being sick."

I smiled. "It's fine. Hope you're feeling better."

"I agree," a voice said, and Claire and I both sighed. We turned around to see Cathryn, Jenna, and Hayley.

Hayley rolled her eyes. Cathryn smirked, "You know, Claire, about your brother-"

"Don't talk about him," Claire growled through clenched teeth.

Cathryn only laughed. "About what? Your brother who ki-"

Claire lunged and punched her in the face. Cathryn fell onto the floor from force, clutching her nose. Her nose was bleeding, and people crowed around us.

People were smiling. It wasn't only us who hated her. "Hey! Cut it out!"

A teacher made his way through the crowd only to be punched in the balls by Cathryn. Kids laughed as he fell onto the floor, clutching his crotch. Claire and Cathryn were having a full on fight. They were pulling each other's hair, scratching, kicking, and punching. I swear, girl fights are worse than boys.

Two security guards finally came and separated the two. They were both sent to the office, and at the end of the day, I finally met Claire.

"You're insane," I mumbled, walking down the sidewalk with her.

"That bitch deserved it," she replied, shrugging.

She really was beautiful. Sometimes I did get jealous. She had straight, waist length, light strawberry blonde hair. She also had vibrant blue eyes, and a very pretty smile. Her freckles were slightly visible, and she was taller than me by an inch.

"My brother's funeral is today..." her voice faltered.

I grabbed and squeezed her hand lightly. "I'm here for you."

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆

Two months ago...

I woke up, and I looked around in confusion. I was in the hospital? There were IV's in my arm, and a heart monitor next to me. I didn't know what was going on. I didn't know who I was. I didn't know anything.