Chapter 15: Out To Eat

E V A N N A

"Hurry up!" Ethan shouted at me, anger clear in his voice. We were about to go to a diner with the whole family. Rose and Dad already left, and I had to ride with my stepbrothers. I tried getting as ready as quick as I can. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs, scurrying last Ethan. He shoved me a little before making his way to the car.

I went to the very end, sitting next to Jayden who stared at me coldly. Ethan started the car, and started driving. Brandon was in the passenger seat, the twins and Daniel were in the second row, and Jayden and I were in the back. This was a nightmare.

"Next time, be faster or you're sitting in the fucking trunk, got it bitch?" Ethan grumbled, and I mumbled a quiet 'yes," and made myself comfortable in my seat. Ethan made a sharp turn, and I fell on Jayden. My eyes widened and blushed in embarrassment. He pushed me away instantly and glared at me.

"Sorry..." I mumbled, scooting as far as I can get from him. He just clenched his jaw and stared out the window. I honestly couldn't believe myself. I fell on top of him, and I was embarrassed as hell.

"Dammit, Ethan. Don't do that!" Brandon shouted when Ethan slammed the brakes suddenly.

"Fucking driver!" Ethan honked the car and rolled down his window, "Learn how to drive, you fucking cunt!" I never want to get in a car with them, ever again. Ethan had bad road rage, and it terrified me.

Once we got there, we all started getting out of the car, but Jayden pushed me as I was at the door. I stumbled and fell off, landing on the floor. I groaned in pain as Jayden just walked by, and the others just laughed. I slammed the door shut and walked inside.

"Mom and Dad aren't here yet," Ethan mumbled. "Should we get a table first?"

Brandon nodded. Ethan went up to the lady behind the register and said, "Table for 8 please."

Mothertrucker... he forgot me. "It's 9 people."

Ethan glared at me before clearing his throat, "Sorry, 9 people."

The lady gave him a smile, "Follow me." We did, and she led us to a big room with enough seats for the whole family. I sat in a seat where I wasn't in between or next to any of my brothers. Rose and Dad could sit on either side of me. The waitress came in and asked, "Would you like any drinks?"

"Obviously..." I heard Brandon mutter. I swear, he has anger issues. Ethan kicked Brandon's legs under the table, making Brandon wince in pain.

"Can I get Coke please?" Ethan asked, and Brandon and Daniel asked for one too. The rest ordered Sprite, and I just asked for water. Rose and Dad came as soon as the drinks arrived.

"Hey guys!" Rose chirped, and we murmured hello's. We ordered our food and started eating. I didn't eat much because I wasn't hungry. Rose and Dad finished first and told us they would head out before us.

"Ethan honey, why don't you go and buy some ice cream for everyone?" Rose asked, and Ethan nodded. Rose and Dad payed first and left.

"Did you bring money?" Ethan asked. It took me a moment to realize that he was talking to me.

"Sorry?"

Ethan rolled his eyes, "Are you deaf? I asked, did you bring money?"

I only brought $15 for emergencies. I couldn't lie to him. He would be pissed if he found out I lied. "Yeah."

"Give it," Ethan stated, leaning back in his chair.

I just stared at him, frozen. Ethan glared at me, "Did I fucking stutter?"

He didn't need to ask me again. I pulled out the money I had and Daniel snatched it away. He gave it to Ethan, and he counted. "15's enough. We know that ice cream costs $2.50, so that is..."

"6," I blurted accidentally. It's a habit, and people hated me for it. Ethan scoffed, "Smartass."

We all got up and walked to the nearest ice cream store which was only a minute. I was going to order just plain chocolate, but Daniel clamped his hands over my mouth. "Lick my fucking hands and I swear you'll never see daylight ever again," he whispered in my ear.

They all got to order except me, and once Daniel finally took his hands off, I was mad. I wanted ice cream.

"That's not fair! It's my money!" I exclaimed, kind of shocked at my confidence, but I didn't show it.

Ethan's head snapped towards me, his eyes daring me to speak. "What?"

"I...uh," I hated how much he scared me. I didn't want to be scared, but he could literally punch me like right now, and I didn't want to get beat up today, "It's m-my money..." My voice failed me, and I sounded pathetic.

He grabbed my arm and yanked me closer to him. "I don't give a fuck if it's your money, got it?" He growled lowly, while everyone else got their ice cream. He dropped my arm and went to get his. I just watched as they ate theirs.

"Shoot, it's raining," Alex told Ethan. He sighed, and took his car keys out of his pockets. "Evanna, pay." He handed me my money back, and I gave it to the worker. By the time I was out the door, everyone was already in the car. It started pouring, and I ran to the car, only to find out they locked it.

I could see them laughing while I pounded on the car. "Please, open the door!" I was soaking in water. I was freezing, and they looked into my begging eyes. They finally opened the door, and I was shaking. This time, Daniel was in the back so I had to sit in the middle row at the end.

"Thats what you get for doing something stupid, alright?" Ethan said, starting the engine. I had my arms around myself, trying to make myself as warm as possible.

"You don't like being wet?" Brandon teased, smirking at his very hilarious joke. Everyone else laughed.

"You're gross," I mumbled, leaning against the back seat. Ethan slammed the brakes again, making my head jerk up from the force.

"If you think you're getting away with that stupid stunt you pulled, let me tell you, you're in deep shit."

I was still freezing. My shaking had calm down but the air conditioning was on, making everything worse. I didn't want to get sick....

When we got there, I quickly ran inside the warm house. It felt so nice and comfortable in the warm heat.

"Oh my gosh, Evanna!" Rose exclaimed, rushing over to me. "What happened?"

"It's fine, mom. She said she wanted to go to the car fast, I told her no. Instead of listening she went and a car splashed her with water," Ethan lied smoothly, reassuring her with a smile.

"You should've been careful!" Rose said, taking my cold hands into hers. "Here, why don't you take a nice hot shower and come back? You should warm up."

I nodded and left. I turned on the shower, stripped, and went in. The hot water felt so good. I sighed, warming myself up. After 10 minutes, I got out and changed. I left my hair to air dry. Ethan barged into my room all of the sudden, making me jump slightly. Without warning he punched my stomach, knocking the air out of me. I clutched my stomach in pain as he smirked. "Next time, watch that mouth of yours."

He left and I groaned in pain. Why can't I relax for once?