Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?

E V A N N A

It was an hour drive. When we got there, the place was decent sized. I brought all of my stuff in, following Lilian. I went inside, and it looked really nice. The walls were decorated nicely with pastel colors, and Lilian talked to the front desk lady.

"Hello, Evanna. I'm Flora. You can come to me anytime you need."

I thanked her, and we went inside. Inside was bigger than I thought. There were kids running around, some just sitting and playing games, and some kids eating at the dining table. There were kids as young as 3, and as old as my age. I'm pretty sure this orphanage was for kids 3-15 years old. I admired the surrounding. It was pretty cool. It was homey and looked comfy. Except for the screaming kids.

"Guys! Hey!" Lilian shouted, getting the attention of everyone. They all stared at me.

"Ooh! She's pretty!" A 4 year old boy said. Okay, that melted my heart. He was adorable.

"This is Evanna. Be nice to her, okay? Talia, can you please take her to room 3G?" Lilian asked.

A girl my age came up to me, smiling. She had shoulder length, wavy pink hair, and gray/blue eyes. She was pretty. She was a little shorter than me.

"Hi, I'm Talia."

"Hello."

Stupid Evanna. Is that really how you introduce yourself? She probably thinks your weird.

Shut up, thank you.

She led me into a decent room. It had blue walls, and three beds.

"This one is yours!" Talia said, pointing to the bed in the corner.

"Thank you," I mumbled, and brought my stuff over there.

Talia sat on her bed and grinned. "So, how old are you?"

I realized that my birthday was in 2 days. "12 about to be 13."

"Cool! I'm 13."

"I like your hair," I complimented.

"Thanks," she blushed. "Oh, there's another girl, her name is Kylie. She's 11. There used to be another girl, right where you are now, but she got adopted. Lucky her."

"Oh... do you like it here?"

She chuckled. "It's nice. Lots of friends. Great food. It's fun here, but I really want to be adopted."

"How long have you been here?" I asked, not wanting to be rude or anything, but just really curious.

"My whole life. My parents didn't want me... Kylie has been here for a year."

"Oh..." I would have said something, but I didn't know what. I didn't want to say sorry because it feels like pity.

"Hey! Hi! Hello! You're new! What's your name?" A girl asked. She had short blonde hair, and green eyes. She had freckles and dimples on both cheeks.

"Evanna."

"Geez, Kylie. Calm down. You're scaring her."

"Sorry!"

After a while, we've talked more, and I stared getting comfortable being around them. I finally laughed, which felt good.

"Hey, aren't you hot in that?" Talia asked, pointing to the flannel jacket I was wearing.

"N-no. I actually catch colds very quick," I lied, even though I was hot. I've become pretty good at making up excuses. I've been doing this for a long time.

"I haven't had a cold in like 4 years!" Kylie said. "Oh.... I think I jinxed it. No!"

I smiled and Talia just rolled her eyes, "if you stay with her 24/7, she'll get annoying."

Kylie gasped, and put her hand on her heart, "You wound me, Talia."

For dinner, we all had to go down and eat. It was pizza. I didn't want to eat at first, but I haven't eaten in days. I was used to it, but Talia kept telling me to eat.

After taking a bite of my pizza, I found myself eating another slice. I guess I was hungry.

That night, I slept okay. I didn't have any nightmares like I did yesterday. It was just normal sleep. The next morning, I woke up earlier than Kylie and Talia. I started getting ready for the day. When I walked out of the bathroom, Talia was awake, hitting Kylie with a pillow.

"Wake up! I swear, this girl never wakes up."

I chuckled and walked over to my bed.

"Evanna?" Lilian asked, coming into our room. "Hey, uh, we got contact with your father. He wants to take you in. Do you want to talk to him?"

I nodded. He wants to take me in? But he cheated on my mom... ugh! Everything was complicated.

"Dad?" I asked into the phone.

"Evanna," He said. It's been so long since I heard his voice. I realized how much I missed him.

"Hey, Dad," I said, so happy that I could hear his voice.

"Do you want to come live with me?"

"Yeah," I answered. I didn't know why I answered that. Maybe because he was my dad and it seemed like the answer anyone would say. I don't know.

"I remarried. I have a family. I'm sorry about everything," Dad said, carefully choosing his words.

"It's fine, I understand," I replied. I try to be as understanding as possible, because everybody has their own situation. It would be rude to put down someone's situation for your own opinion. At least that's what I think.

"I'll pick you up today, if that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine. Oh, where are we going?"

"New York."

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Really short, I know. Sorry!

Vote
Comment
Share
:)