Chapter 66: The Accident

J A Y D E N

"Get her into the emergency room! Now!" A nurse shouted.

I ran after them. Evanna was being carried by a backboard, and they were rolling her into an emergency room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, panicking. "Is she okay?"

The doctor didn't even spare me a glance. "Check her pulse! Make sure she's breathing!"

"No sign, doc!" A nurse replied.

They rushed her into an emergency room.

"You can't go in, kid." A security guard pulled me back.

"No!" I yelled at him. "I need to see her!"

I kept struggling until Ethan grabbed my arms. "Calm down, Jayden."

Tears welled into my eyes and I dropped to my knees. I remembered every single thing now. A bunch of feelings flooded through me, and a tear dropped to the floor.

"J-Jayden, what's going on?" Andrew asked.

I couldn't reply. I stared blankly at the floor.

This can't be happening...

"Ev... please be okay," I mumbled, trembling.

"Jayden, come on," Ethan muttered, his voice shaky. "We'll see her later. She'll be okay..."

I slowly got up and walked to a nearby chair, sitting down on it. I pulled out the two necklaces and stared at both of them.

"Jayden, you... you're crying?" Daniel asked in disbelief. "What's wrong?"

More tears streamed down my face and looked away, fidgeting with the jewelry.

"It's all my fault," I said, my voice barely a whisper. "I did this to her..."

"What are you talking about?" Ethan asked.

"If I hadn't been such an asshole... if I got my memory of her back... I can't believe I..." I broke down once again, gripping my hair in frustration.

"Jayden, I don't think it's your fault—" Daniel tried.

"Can't you see? I made her like this! I... I fucking hate myself so much, right now..."

It was true.

I hated myself so much.

I bullied her because at first, I was jealous. Then, she just made me more annoyed.

If I got my memories back, there was no way I'd hurt her...

She used to be depressed.

I told her to kill herself.

She used to cut.

I told her keep cutting.

She used to be anorexic.

I told her to stop eating.