Chapter 64: Suicide

E V A N N A

I've fallen back into depression.

It's been a few days. The whole house was different. It was so quiet. I didn't come out of my room either, but no one cared. They only cared about Alex.

They would try and make him come down, but they forgot that I was here too. No one has talked to me either. I was in bed, staring at the ceiling. I gave up trying to sleep.

"Evanna, you're going to school," I heard Dad's voice from the other side of the door.

I ignored him. He was acting like nothing ever happened. I hated the feeling when I felt my wrist, hoping the bracelet would be there but it wasn't. It made me so upset.

"Evanna, I'm serious."

Whatever... School is probably better than this toxic family...

You're the toxic one.

Stop blaming everyone else.

I got up and went to the bathroom, turning on the shower. After I showered, I brushed my teeth and dried my hair. I wore my gray hoodie with black leggings and my usual sneakers. I grabbed the small picture of my mom and put it in my jacket so I can look at her if I was feeling miserable.

I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs.

"Good morning," Mom mumbled. She didn't look so good either. She had dark bags under her eyes and she looked so exhausted and worried.

I didn't want to ignore her, or it would make me feel bad so I just said, "Bye," and headed out the door.

Was that rude?

Now I feel bad.

Will she hate me?

She already probably does, ugh. I started walking to school.

Once I reached the school, I went in and put my stuff away, grabbing my binder. I winced in pain when someone slammed the locker shut on my hand.

"You think you're going to get away with that stupid stunt you pulled?" Owen growled in my ear, pushing down on the locker.

Pain erupted in my hand. "Owen—"

"What's wrong, Ev? Scared?"

I grit my teeth. "Shut up. I told you, don't call me that."

"Or what—"

"We're going to be late for class," Jayden interrupted, pulling Owen away from me.

"Yo, What's your problem?" Owen asked him.

Jayden shrugged. "What?"

"Dude..."

"I don't want to be late for class." Then, Jayden glared at me. "I also don't want to waste my time on her."

I couldn't tell...

Did Jayden just help me?