Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2

Third Person POV

June 7, 2015

Andrew had tried to kill himself. Alex was so upset, he thought he was going crazy. Alex couldn't believe that Andrew would do something like that. Alex blamed himself.

Alex was his twin brother. He was supposed to help him. He was supposed to be there for Andrew. But, Andrew almost died. Alex hated himself for it. He thought it was his fault.

Not only that, but two months ago, he started getting depressed too. At home, he would always be compared to Andrew.

"You'd never live up to Andrew," his brothers would say.

"Andrew's way better than you."

"Stop being an idiot. Be more like Andrew."

Andrew didn't know any of this was going on. Brandon, especially teased him about how Andrew was way better than Alex, and how Andrew was always the preferred twin.

Alex pretended those comments didn't hurt, but they did. A lot. Alex would roll his eyes, trying to ignore it, but inside, he was dying. Through it all, he never once hated Andrew.

After Andrew told everyone he was depressed, Alex did everything to make sure Andrew would be happy again. Alex didn't care about himself anymore. He would die for Andrew.

Not only that, but Alex was being bullied at school. Even though Alex and his family were filthy rich, and his brothers were the most popular kids in school, some people found a way to bring Alex down.

Andrew had a lot of friends. He was talented. He played sports as well as his older brothers, which was saying a lot. The only thing Alex was good at was studying. He got good grades, and he was good at sports too. It's just that Andrew always seemed to one-up him.

People would call Alex fat. Why? Who knows? They just wanted to see someone suffer. That's how cruel life is.

Alex didn't care at first. But, it got worse when they started comparing him to Andrew. Now, it wasn't only Brandon who did, but the school too.

"Andrew's way more fit than you."

"Andrew looks way better."

"You should lose weight like Andrew."

"Andrew's skinny. Why are you not?"

Through it all, Alex kept a smile. He didn't want to hurt himself like Andrew did. Instead, Alex started starving himself.

His grades dropped, just like Andrew. They were both going through problems, but no one realized. They didn't even know that it was happening to each other.

Alex would skip meals, and always have a good excuse. He told them that he already ate. He would tell them that he ate at his friends house, or that he's not hungry.

His football coach didn't approve of his change. Alex dropped from 112 pounds to 101 pounds. He was 13 years old. He became self-conscious of how he looked.

Whenever he looked in a mirror, he saw something he hated. He wanted to look in the mirror and see someone he likes, but that seemed impossible. He felt fat. He would always see Andrew and started comparing himself to his twin brother.