Chapter 46: I like you.

E V A N N A

"Jayden is really annoying," Natalie commented, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Evanna, are you okay?" Matthew asked.

I looked up, nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"I can't believe Jayden would do such shitty thing," Natalie added. "I mean, who actually pushes people into roads? That guy's a psycho."

"Jayden always acts cool and stuff," Natalie continued. "He's just a bully. He bullies everyone for no reason. He should kill himself."

"Don't say that," I blurted.

No one deserves to be told that. It hurts when people say that to you.

"Whatever. He's a dick and no one likes him. Bullying for fun, hurting others for himself. He should sometimes open his eyes and see how much damage he's doing to other. He's an actual piece of shit."

"He probably has a reason. Maybe not a good one, but you never know what he's going through. He might be going through a hard time—" I started.

"Are you defending him right now?" Natalie asked in disbelief, anger rising in her.

"N-no, what I mean is-"

Natalie slammed her hand down at the table, making em flinch. "Are you crazy? You're defending the idiot that abused you, bullied you, and almost killed you!"

"Natalie, calm down-" Matthew tried.

"No!" Natalie cut him off.

"Natalie, please," Summer begged. "Please stop."

I looked to Jayden's table. Jayden had us usual headphones on and he was staring at the table. Something inside me made me feel bad for him. I didn't understand why.

"Evanna, are you actually crazy? You care for that bastard?" Natalie whisper-yelled. "He's a careless, selfish bastard!"

"How would you know?" I asked. "You don't know anything about his life. Please, Natalie."

"Evanna, are you serious?" Matthew butted in. "I'm sorry, but you actually care about him? Do you like him?"

I scrunched my face up. "Ew, no. No. No, I don't."

"Then why are you defending him?" He asked.

I tried to say something but nothing came out. "I-I don't know."

"What do you mean?" Summer asked.

"I don't know," I said again.

"You know, Evanna. Sometimes I think your pathetic and weak. How many times do I have to say this? Tell someone!"

"It's going to make it worse," I muttered.

"Everyone always says that!"

"But it's true!" I argued. "Do you seriously think Jayden's going to stop bothering me? He'll only get madder!"