Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds

E V A N N A

"Hey, Evanna? I'm sorry, but an emergency came up. You and Jayden can walk together, right? I'm really sorry," my dad said through the phone. "Will you be okay?"

"Yes dad," I replied.

"Okay, make sure to stick together, all right? Walk home safe," Dad said.

"Okay."

"Bye, Evanna."

Maybe I should have called for help before my dad hung up. I should have told my dad what was happening. But I couldn't.

"You have great acting skills," Jayden commented, throwing my phone on the dirty bathroom ground. "Get her up."

Blake and Dylan grabbed each of my arm and hauled me up, slamming me into the wall next to me.

"So you're telling me that she actually tried standing up to you?" Owen asked in disbelief, laughing.

Yes, Owen. Yes I did, and now I regret it so freaking much. I'm actually screwed.

Jayden nodded, sending Owen into another fit of laughter. Owen wiped a tear from his eye. "You're so funny, Evanna."

I was dragged into the bathroom, surrounded by 6 guys. Jayden, Owen, Blake, Dylan, Ryan, and Hunter.

"What was it you said to me again?" Jayden asked, taking an intimidating step closer.

I stared at the ground, not replying.

Jayden grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "Don't ignore me, pathetic bitch."

"Sorry," I whimpered, wanting to leave.I felt a hard kick to my stomach, making me drop in pain.

"Do you ever think about killing yourself? Because honestly, if you did, there would be so many people happy about that. Don't you think so?" Jayden asked. "Look at your mother. She was probably happy to get away from the pathetic excuse of a daughter you are."

Tears welled in my eyes.

"And your father now. Do you think you're still his favorite? That's hilarious. Why would anyone love you? You're just a stupid, annoying bitch that should end her life so everyone would be happy." Jayden added.

Jayden grabbed me by my hair and threw me in front of the boys. And then everything started again. Punches and kicks. Blood, bruises, cuts. I was leaning against the wall, half dead.

"Come on," Jayden said to his friends. "Let's go."

They walked out, leaving me by myself. All I could think was how they could do that to someone. I got up, using the wall as support. It took a lot of effort. My body ached, my arms and leg felt like they were on fire, and the world was spinning. I didn't want to, but I looked in the mirror. Great. Messed up hair, bruises on my face, blood everywhere. I cleaned all the blood off, wincing as I accidentally touched a bruise that was forming.

I limped out of the bathroom, feeling blood rush towards my head. I winced at the sudden pain, my vision going black for a second. My legs felt like jelly and I collapsed, but someone caught me.