Chapter 24: School

E V A N N A

"No way," Cathryn breathed out. Her shocked face turned into a smile. "I hope we get along now. I've changed."

"Right..." I trailed off, still shocked.

"Owen's here too. This is honestly going to be the best year," Claire said, chuckling.

"Evanna? Why are you talking to them?" Natalie asked, coming to my side.

"Oh, it's you." Cathryn rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, it's me," Natalie retorted. "Come on, Evanna." She pulled me by my arm and dragged me away.

"Why are you talking to them?" Natalie asked.

"I...I don't know. I just saw them and-"

"Don't talk to them. They're also super popular, and are friends with Jayden. All of them are the biggest bullies of the school."

"Claire? Claire is a bully?" I asked.

"Yeah! Cathryn and Claire are terrible. Don't go near them."

"Right... okay. Let's go to next class."

I walked to P.E, and today, the teacher told us we wont't do anything so Natalie and I talked, getting to know each other more.

English was next, and it was fine besides the fact that Owen was there. He grinned when he saw me. I sat next to Natalie, and waited for the teacher. I heard shuffled behind me, and when I turned around, Owen had moved behind me. "Hey, loser."

Natalie spun around. "What are you doing here?"

Owen glanced at her. "What's up, redhead?"

"Don't call me that."

"Anyway, I came here to see Evvy," Owen said.

I tensed. "Don't. Call. Me. That."

"Why not? I've always wondered why you over react-"

"Shut up!" I shouted, throwing my book at him. I mentally groaned, regretting it. It was just like last time when he did the same thing and I "accidentally" hit him with a book.

Owen's eyes turned murderous, and I realized how scary he can look. "You're going to regret that."

"Quiet, everybody! Take out your books! Owen, go back to your seat." The teacher said, saving me from Owen.

***

Lunch came by. Was I terrified to go in? Yes. Why? Because of Jayden. And Owen. And Claire. And Cathryn. This is seriously the worst day of my life. How can they ALL be here? I walked in with Natalie and looked for a table.

"There's Summer," Natalie said, and we walked to her table.

"Hey guys," Summer mumbled, looking at her food.

"What's wrong?" Natalie asked.

"Nothing."

We sat down, and started eating.

"Look at them," Natalie scoffed. "Jayden, Owen, and Dylan. And Cathryn and Claire. They act like they own the school."

"Well, Jayden kinda does," Summer Said, "With his mom as the head board, and the amount of money she donates to the school... Jayden does kinda own the school."

"I hate Dylan. He's annoying," Natalie growled, and I looked over and saw a boy hanging out with Jayden and Owen.

Natalie stared at Summer. "Didn't you used to be their victim since 6th grade?"

Summer winced. "It's because I'm weak. I can't do anything. I wish I could, but I can't."

"Ugh, they're coming towards us," Natalie growled.

"What?" Summer's eyes widened as I looked up to see Jayden, Owen, and few other guys coming up to our table.

Jayden scoffed. "Look, it's the two biggest losers of our school."

"And big mouth," Owen added, chuckling.

"Are you sure you should eat? You're fat enough," Jayden commented.

"Don't listen to him, Summer," Natalie said.

Jayden rolled his eyes. "I wasn't talking to her, dumbass."

I looked down at the sandwich Rose packed for me. There was two, and I was only half done with one. I looked back up at Jayden, and his eyes all of the sudden filled with anger. He took my lunch and threw it out in the trash can near us. My eyes widened as Jayden glared at me. "You're not allowed to eat, bitch."

I stared dumbfounded. Why did he do that?

"Did you have to do that?" Natalie asked. Jayden turned and glared at her.

"Mind your own fucking business, redhead."

"Why can't she eat?" She fired back, small amount of fear in her voice.

"Because I fucking said so. What are you going to do about it?"

Natalie kept quiet, and Jayden smirked. "That's what I thought."

"S-stop," Summer said, swallowing hard.

"S-stop," Owen mimicked, making people around us laugh. "Why? Are you sad because you don't have our attention?"

All of the kids got up and left, signaling that lunch was over. We got up quick, eager to get away from them but Jayden swiftly grabbed my upper arm and pulled me back. "You're not eating food from my house."

"I live there too," I retorted, regretting it the second after.

Jayden's eyes became darker and scarier, and his grip on my arm became tighter, making me wince. "If you keep saying stupid shit, I'll make you regret it. Got it?" His grip became even more stronger, and my arm started to feel as if it were on fire.

Giving up, I nodded in defeat, as Jayden loosened my grip. He walked away, and I rubbed my arm in pain. Why does he have to be so strong? Ugh. I followed Natalie out, but someone shoved me into the floor. Owen stared down at me, a blank expression on his face. "I told you you're paying for what you did. Wait till I come to your house. You're dead."

He walked away, and I rushed to Natalie, pretending nothing happened. I swallowed the big lump in my throat, my head pounding.

***
Hey guys. Short chapter! IM SORRY...

I know it's been few days before I updated, but I was really busy so I apologize once again.

I promise next chapters are going to be longer. Thanks for reading!!

Vote
Comment
Share
:))