Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2

A N D R E W
————

My basketball practice just ended. I'm really busy after school. I have football practices, and basketball practices. I wanted to do basketball only, the since Brandon and Ethan did football, apparently, Alex and I had to "follow the tradition" or whatever. Football isn't that bad, I guess.

I also have to study for the upcoming midterms. I wouldn't say I'm the smartest, but I'm in the Top 10% in the school. My girlfriend, Jennie, has been going out with me for about a month now. She's different from the other girls. Unlike Brandon's girlfriends, Jennie is actually nice. Brandon has been going on-off with many girls. He is what someone would call a player.

Besides that, Alex and I started walking out of the school and headed to Brandon's car. Alex sat in the back while I sat in the passenger's seat. I was older than Alex by 6 minutes, and Alex is my best friend. He's someone I can't live without. He's always there for me, and I'm always there for him.

Brandon is... not my favorite? Sorry, Brandon, but he's the worst out of all my siblings. He is caring on the inside, but he barely shows it. He was always the cold, hard type. He's scary when he's mad. Only Ethan can control him. Brandon fights a lot too. No one in school dares to mess with him, unless someone has a death wish.

Ethan is a really good brother. He cares for all of us so much, even though sometimes he gets way too controlling. He's always supported us. As the oldest, he had a lot of pressure on him to work hard, get good grades, and set role models for us. He had the most responsibility, but he was okay with that. He would always protect us, making sure none of us got hurt.

Daniel takes after Brandon a lot. Brandon is really not a good role model. But, I'll admit, Daniel is much smarter than Brandon. Even though Daniel acts likes he doesn't care, he's a softie. He doesn't like expressing his feelings much, but he cares for others. Unless it's someone he hates.

Jayden is different from the rest of us. Our mom and dad divorced. Dad got custody of Jayden, and Mom got the rest of us. Jayden moved away with Dad when he was 3. I was only 6, so I don't have a lot of memories about Dad. We heard the news that Dad died in a car accident, and we were devastated, even Brandon. When Jayden moved in with us, he didn't talk at all. He was quiet and became cold too. I don't know what he was like before, but Dad's death affected him a lot. He barely cared about anything.

Jayden got used to us, though. He said he doesn't remember much. He didn't remember who we were. It was kind of upsetting, but he told us that something happened to him. He didn't know what, though. He just said, one day, he woke up in a hospital with the news that his dad died. Jayden needed some time to get used to our stepdad. I would say he's pretty comfortable around him.

We reached our house, and we got out. I was the last one to head in. Everyone was home except Dad and Evanna. I walked inside, but I heard the sound of a car door slamming shut. Evanna walked past me, Dad calling out her name. Dad followed Evanna upstairs and into her room.

"What's that about?" I asked my mom.

"I don't know," she murmured.

I went upstairs and as I was about to head into my room, I heard something that caught my attention.

"Evanna! You can't starve yourself!" Dad exclaimed in a low voice, but I heard it.