Chapter 17: Swimming Accident

E V A N N A

"You guys are going?" I asked, trying to cover up my nervousness.

Dad just told us that Rose and he will go away for the night. "Yeah, just for one day, that's all."

"Do you have to?" I stammered, fidgeting with my hands. My stepbrothers could see right through me.

Ethan smirked, "Have fun, we'll be fine."

I wanted to say something, but he shot me a glare, making sure I kept my mouth shut.

"We'll leave tomorrow morning, so you guys can order pizza or something."

The next day, I was up early, saying goodbye to them.

"If anyone bothers you, give us a call, okay?" Rose said, giving me a warm smile.

"Bye! Love you sweetie!" My dad kissed my forehead. As soon as they left, I wished they never did.

"All day to ourselves, Evie," Ethan said, coming down the stairs with a smirk. "What should we do?"

"Nothing?" I squeaked, wanting to disappear.

"You look like I'm going to beat you up or something," Ethan said.

"Y-you're not?"

"I never said that."

"I-I didn't do a-anything..."

He came closer to me, chuckling. "Do I really scare you that much?"

"N-no..." Wow Evanna, so believable.

He raised his fist and I flinched-hard. He laughed and put me into a headlock. "I'm not gonna hit you, loser." I squirmed, trying to get away from him, but he tightened his grip. It was getting harder for me to breathe each second, and when my vision started to cloud, he let go of me.

***

"Who said you can eat?" Brandon asked, as I looked in the fridge. Closing the fridge I murmured a quick sorry and sat down on a chair, working on my math book.

"I'm bored," Daniel mumbled, switching channels on TV.

"Wanna throw Evanna into the swimming pool?" Ethan asked, grinning.

I looked up, fear clouding over my face. "W-what?"

Brandon grinned evilly, and walked towards me. I hopped off my chair as fast as I can and dashed to the stairs. Before I could even go up one step, Brandon grabbed my arm and yanked me onto the floor. I landed painfully, and Brandon slung me over his shoulder.

"Wait! Brandon please!" I screamed, as everyone else rushed outside, excited to see what would happen. "Brandon please!" I begged.

"What? Can't swim?" Brandon asked.

"Please..." I whimpered.

7 years ago

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted, running to them.