Chapter 39: Split Family & News

E V A N N A
————

It's been a day since Andrew told me about everything. I was shocked, honestly. I didn't expect them to be going through something like that. They just have gone through so much. If I knew one thing, they were strong. Unlike me.

Apparently, Andrew told Alex, who told Ethan, who told everyone. I didn't like that at all.

We were all called down to the living room. Everyone was down there. Andrew offered a warm smile, and I felt happiness flutter in my heart. It felt different that someone actually liked me. It was also strange though, because he changed.

I sat down on the floor, where I usually sit because everyone pushes me down.

Andrew cleared his throat. "You c-can sit on the couch if you want."

I almost laughed at Brandon and Daniel's face. A quick second later, it turned into a glare.

"Who said she can?" Brandon asked.

"Brandon!" Rose snapped.

"What?" Brandon argued.

"She doesn't deserve it!" Daniel said.

"Daniel!" Dad warned.

"Let her sit on the floor. I'm sure she's okay with that, right?" Jayden asked, staring at me.

Jayden's stare intimidated me. I hated how scary he could be. "Yeah, I'll sit on the floor."

"So, I wanted to talk to all of you about something," Dad started.

"You guys are getting married?!" Daniel shrieked.

The shock on Rose and Dad's face was priceless. "Uh... that was supposed to be the second part."

"What?!" We all shouted.

Jayden glared at me with the most hatred I have seen in my life. So did Brandon, and Daniel.

This can't be happening. No. No, no, no...

"I thought you said you remarried already," I stammered.

Dad rubbed his neck. "Yeah... but it wasn't true."

I couldn't hide the shock either. "You lied to me?"

"This was supposed to be the second part! Okay, hear me out," Dad said. "Evanna, she's depressed. She has anxiety, and she's struggling with eating disorders. I just want everyone to help and support her. Please."

My mouth fell open. I stared at my dad with shock and anger. When did I tell him he could tell everyone that? I felt like I should've been the one to tell, when I think I'm ready. But Dad just blurted it out!

Jayden glared at me. "Well, that's going to make it easier for her to kill herself."

"Jayden!" Rose screamed. "Upstairs. Now."

Before leaving, Jayden kicked me very hard. No one noticed. Without anything else, Jayden stomped upstairs, not forgetting to slam the door. I felt tears well in my eyes. This was too much.