Chapter 50: Studying Hard

E V A N N A

"I'm so disappointed in you, Evanna!" Dad scolded , shaking his head.

I was lost for words. I hugged my pillow tighter, pulling it closer to my chest. My dad was standing besides my bed.

"How could you get detention?" He asked.

"I was late to class," I mumbled.

"I'm so disappointed."

"Yeah, I know! You said that ten thousand times. I think I get it by now!" I snapped.

"Evanna Paris Halls, you do not talk to me like that!" He shouted.

"Well maybe if you stopped making me feel worthless, I wouldn't be saying that!" I shouted back, feeling anger boil in me. "Why aren't you saying anything to Jayden?"

"I don't understand why you would get detention!" He yelled.

"Do you think I wanted to? Stop changing the subject, Dad! Why aren't you talking to Jayden? Why are you only targeting me?"

"Dad, I think Evanna's heard enough," Ethan said, coming into my room. "Mom's waiting for you."

Dad sighed, walking out of my room. Ethan came in, closing the door.

Don't do it.

Don't trust him.

Don't tell him anything.

He'll betray you and use it against you.

Stop opening up to people.

No one cares.

Ethan sat next to me on my bed. "You okay?"

"Perfectly fine," I said. "I bet you, im not even his favorite biological child! He never wanted me. He favors you guys over me."

"Don't say that," Ethan said.

"It's true."

"No, it isn't."

My eyes welled up with tears.

You are such a baby.

Stop crying for once.

"Hey, I have to go out with my friends. I'll come later. If you want to talk to someone, you can always text me," Ethan said, getting off my bed.

I forced back my tears and gage him a smile. "Have fun."

He didn't believe that I was going to be okay. But, he left anyway. I didn't want him to stay because of me. I really hoped that he would have fun.

I went downstairs, where Dad and Rose were talking.

Dad sighed when he saw me. "I'm sorry, Evanna."

So, this was our relationship now? He says something to me, apologizes, and expects me to forgive him?

You must be stupid. Don't believe him.