Chapter 25: Picture

E V A N N A

I woke up to cold water being poured onto me. I sat up, coughing. I looked to my side and saw Brandon holding a water bucket. "Rise and shine."

I stared down at my soaked blanket and clothes. Brandon smirked and walked out of my room. I got up and went to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and hopped in the shower. I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair once I finished. I changed into fresh clothes and pulled off my blanket to let it dry.

I packed my school work and the twins came into my room. "Did you do all our homework?"

I nodded. "Yeah..."

Andrew grinned and smacked my head with the papers. "Good." They walked out, and I went downstairs.

"Oh, Evanna. Good morning. Jayden went to school early. You can go by yourself, right?" Rose asked.

I nodded. "Why did he go so early?"

"He said it was something involving a morning clean up thing?" Dad said.

I frowned but continued eating. Rose came up to us. "Since Brandon's school start at the same time, you guys will have to walk to school. It's not that far, but you'll have to go early."

"What? That's far!" Daniel complained.

Dad chuckled. "Your school is only 10 minutes away."

Daniel grumbled, looking down at his food. I got up from my chair and slung my backpack over my shoulders. "I'm going. Bye."

"Have fun!" Rose exclaimed as I walked out of the door. I started walking to school, trying to remember how to get there. School didn't open until 7:50, and the bell rings at 8:05. Class starts at 8:15.

I reached the school and waited, seeing that it was only 7:33. I saw Summer near the entrance and when she saw me, she smiled. "Hey!"

I went up to her. "Hi, Summer."

We chatted for a while until school finally opened. We weren't allowed to go until the bell rings, so everyone waits at the gym or cafeteria. I saw Jayden walk in with his group of friends. He saw me and smirked, Owen doing the same.

Summer tensed behind me. "What do you think they're up to?"

"I have no idea. But I know it's not going to be good."

Natalie came to our table. "It's good we all have lockers close to each other."

"Hi, Natalie," Summer replied.

The bell rang. Students rushed upstairs, through the halls, and to their lockers. I had told the principal I was fine without the 'shadow,' so now I go by myself. As soon as I reached the hallway my locker was in, I froze, my eyes widening.

Summer let out a tiny gasp, and Natalie stomped up to someone's locker. She tore the piece of paper off their locker and glared at it. "Who did this?"

Someone knocked into my shoulder, and Jayden walked past me. He looked back and smiled. "Nice picture, Evanna."

Owen, who was standing right next to him first bumped him, and grinned at me. "I told you you're going to pay."