Chapter 68: Flashbacks

T H I R D  P O V

3 years ago
Evanna: 11 years old
Date: February 23rd, 2016

What's wrong with me, Evanna thought. She was on her bed, feeling her heart break into millions of pieces. She felt this weird, emptiness inside her, like someone ripped away her happiness.

Bella tapped on the table, getting her attention. "What'cha thinking about?"

Evanna shook her head. "Nothing..."

"I'm obviously the prettiest!" Heaven said.

"Yeah right!" Kristen argued. "I'm the prettiest."

"Well we know who's not at least!" Heaven teased, smiling at Evanna.

Evanna's heart ached, but she put on a fake smile. "Yeah... you guys are prettier than me..."

"But to be honest, Evanna," Kristen said. "I kind of agree with Heaven. But it's fine! It doesn't matter!"

All of a sudden, Evanna felt someone poke her sides. She turned around and saw Jayden smiling, walking away.

Evanna smiled, a small laugh escaping her lips. She turned back to her friends.

"Why do you smile like that?" Heaven asked. "It's so weird. I don't really like your smile. Oh guys! Did you hear about the new movie that's coming up?"

Evanna's smile faded as she brought her arms around her. She started feeling more insecure and self-conscious. "I heard of it..."

Heaven jokingly rolled her eyes. "Not you! I only have 3 tickets, and I already told my mom I was taking Kristen and Bella. Sorry!"

Evanna looked down at the table. "Oh." She felt like someone stabbed her heart. She was the person no one wanted. She was so easily replaceable, and the last choice.

"Anyways, I can't wait for Science. I'm paired up with Tyler! He's so cute!" Bella exclaimed.

Evanna's eyes widened. "Oh no... I forgot to do my homework..."

Kristen sighed. "Are you serious? How could you forget?"

Last night, all Evanna did was lay on her bed, no motivation to do anything. She wanted to get good grades. She cared so much about school. Her dream to become a doctor just like her mom required hard work, but for some reason... she couldn't get herself to do her homework.

"You're so stupid," Bella groaned. "I thought you were smarter than that..."

Evanna quickly took out her homework and started working. Luckily, for second period, her teachers gave everyone a break instead of working.

"Dummy!" Heaven laughed. "You're supposed to do your homework."

I fake laughed. "I really am... Like how could I forget, right?"

And the day continued, just like that...

At the end of school, Evanna, Heaven, and Kristen went over to Bella's house.