Chapter 22: School Starts Soon

E V A N N A

"Mommy!" My 5 year old self yelled. "Come here!"

Smiling, she came over to me. She had a beautiful white dress and her hair in beautiful waves. She sat down next to me on the picnic blanket.

"Look at the sky!" I exclaimed, fascinated by the glowing stars in the dark sky.

"What constellations do you see?" My mom asked, looking up.

"Aquarius!" I immediately replied, grinning.

"Isn't it amazing?"

"That's the Canis Major!"

My mom chuckled. "You're really smart, you know."

I giggled. "Stars are pretty."

"Jut like you, Evanna."

My fingers traced the outline of Canis Major, feeling the warm tears falling down my face. Staring at the stars, leaned my head against the wall. Why am I still alive? I just want to die. Right now. I don't want to do anything.

I was mad at my dad. Really mad. I wanted to leave here. I didn't want to stay with him anymore. But what choice did I have? I have to return sooner or later.

I looked at my phone when it buzzed, and I got a message. It was from the group chat.

Ethan: Are you coming back or not?

Jayden: Do us all a favor, don't.

Ethan: What he said to u was uncool but that doesn't mean I want u back.

Daniel: lmao, where even are u?

Brandon: who cares?

Jayden: Obviously Mom and Dad does.

Alex: Jayden's pissed cuz mom cares

Andrew: Used to be mommy's boy, but now she took over lol. Mommy's girl.

Jayden: Wtf, how r u so annoying

Andrew: I'm telling the truth, duh.

Jayden: shut the fuck up. No one wants u here either.

Daniel: Yo, dad's about to call the cops.

Ethan: lmao, if he really cared, he wouldn't have said those things to u. It's obvious that he doesn't care about u, Evanna.

Alex: Just don't come home at all, k? Being around u pisses me off. Ur annoying.

I sighed. They really do hate me, huh. All I want is a happy family. All of this—everything is my fault.

If I wasn't a problem, mom and dad wouldn't have divorced.

If I wasn't a problem, mom wouldn't have died because of me.