Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too

E V A N N A

January 14.

My suicide date.

The voices in my head were laughing at me, mocking me. But when I woke up, I didn't want to die.

I was laughing at the voices, thinking, haha, you thought bitch.

Oops. I didn't mean to say that.

I don't know what changed my mind. I know it doesn't happen that fast. It seemed fake, but I felt different today morning. I wasn't as upset as I used to be. I felt happier. It made me upset when I thought about how I wanted to kill myself yesterday.

I called Sammy on my phone.

"Hey," I muttered.

"Morning."

"Would you care if I killed myself?" I asked.

"Of course I would! Evanna, you're my best friend. If you died, I don't know what I'd do."

I smiled. "Thanks, Sammy."

"You know I care about you a lot, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'll see you at school."

"Oh, I'm not coming..."

"Ah, Okay. Bye then!"

I hung up, sighing and got off my bed.

I got ready and went downstairs.

"Morning, Evanna." Daniel sat down.

Oh right. Everyone except Jayden—who doesn't care, and Ethan—who has a huge college exam wasn't here. Everyone else was here to make sure I was okay.

"Hi," I mumbled, sitting across from him.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah..."

"Jayden is never like this. I'm sorry," he muttered. "Ever since he came here, he acted like a stranger to us. And as soon as he was getting used to our new family, you came in."

I looked down. "I'm s—"

"It's not your fault," Daniel said. "Once Jayden gets used to you, I'm sure he'll be nice. When you get to know him, he's the sweetest little angel. But I think our father's death really affected him."

"Do you think he'll ever be nice to me?" I asked.

"He'll probably regret every single thing he did to you. So don't worry."

"You look better—" Daniel stopped himself. "Not that you weren't yesterday, or the day before that. I'm just saying you don't look as upset as yesterday because uh..."

I smiled. Daniel always did that when he messed up. He lifted his hand to take the empty cup but I flinched accidentally.