Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special

Before we start this chapter, there's something I want to say. I was going to write about Halloween and Thanksgiving, but I realized I forgot and skipped it. So, I won't be writing about it. I'm sorry if you guys wanted it. But I'll do a Christmas Special.

I want to thank my best friends for coming up with some ideas for Christmas Special!

E V A N N A

"Your test starts... now," The instructor said, checking the clock. "Good luck."

I stared at my test.

This... this was easier than I thought.

I answered all the questions on the first part of the test and had enough time to check it over seven times.

However, the thing that made me feel uneasy were dad's words repeating in my head. He expects me to get in, or I'll be a disappointment.

You're already a disappointment.

Question after question, time passed.

"Okay, I'm going to need everyone to close your text books and put your pencils down. I'm going to come and collect your test books."

***

"How was the test?" Rose asked, turning the car left.

I was in the passenger seat, leaning my head against my arm that was propped onto the hand test. "It was okay."

"How do you think you did?"

"Okay," I mumbled.

"Are you excited for Christmas?" She asked.

I nodded slightly. "Yeah..."

"We always do Secret Santa in our family," she said. "We're happy to have another member to our family."

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

"Are my boys treating you well?"

"I guess..?" To be honest, I didn't know. I hope they didn't do it out of pity or something.

Rose smiled as she parked the car. "Lets go."

I walked inside, Rose trailing behind me. Andrew ran up. "You didn't pass, did you?"

I stared at him. "What?"

"You failed, right? You didn't get in, right?" Andrew asked.

"D-do you not want me to get in? Why are you..."

Rose laughed. "I think it's because Andrew wants you to go to the same high school as him."

I gave him a small smile. "It's not like I'm actually going to pass. I'm not smart enough to—"

"Don't say that," Andrew said. "You're smart."

I sighed, making my way upstairs as Andrew followed. "I wish."