Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital

—————
M A T T H E W

"Slowly..." My therapist muttered. "Good. Now get onto your other leg."

I carefully placed my left foot on the ground and put some weight on it. At first, I winced, thinking it would hurt, but it wasn't bad.

"Okay," He said, grinning. "I think from now on, we can ditch the crutches and start walking with your brace only. We'll get your arm cast removed too soon. Just stay patient."

"Thanks," I replied. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I carefully and slowly walked back into my room, trying not to fall. Once I made it, I sat down on my hospital bed and sighed. There was nothing to do. It was so boring here, and my parents were out to do who knows what.

"You have visitors," Nurse Heli said, smiling.

I frowned at the 3 boys who came into my room. I've never met them before...

"Can I help you?" I asked. "I think you got the wrong—"

Out of nowhere, one of them grabs my shirt in his fist and yanks me towards him. "You're Matthew, right?"

By now, I was scared and also confused. These random boys just barged into my room and they all looked like they wanted to kill me.

"Andrew, calm the fuck down," One of them said, and the boy let go of my shirt.

"Uh, Who are you guys?" I asked.

"You're the fucking bastard that kissed Evanna as a bet?" The last boy said.

My eyes widened at her name. "W-Wait, What?!"

As Andrew was about to punch me, it looked like, I yelled out, "I didn't kiss her!"

Yes, I did, but I had to get Andrew or whatever to not punch me, so I yelled out something.

Andrew dropped his fist and stared at me in confusion. "What?"

"Before you hit me," I said with caution. "Yes, I did kiss her. No, it wasn't a bet? What are you guys talking about? Who even are you—"

"Woah, woah, woah," The oldest said. "Are you lying to us?"

"First answer my question!" I sighed. "Who are you guys."

"Evanna's Brothers," Andrew answered, making my eyes widen.

"She has brothers? I didn't know that... Okay, well I have no idea what you're talking about. I kissed Evanna because I like her! What bet? It wasn't a bet!"

Now, we were all confused as hell.

The other one shook his head. "Wait... then... someone texted her saying it was a bet. And then you admitted it was a bet..?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "My phone broke... someone broke it... I haven't talked to Evanna in a long time. Is she okay? Is this why she's not coming to see me? Does she think it was a bet?"

"Okay," Andrew said. "Let me get this straight. Someone lied to my sister, and then someone used your phone to tell her that it was a bet? How are you even in the hospital? What happened?"