Chapter 8: Moving?

E V A N N A

"How was sitting outside the class?" Owen smirked.

I was in second period, Owen and his friends surrounding me. I really didn't want to deal with them. I already have so many problems on my hand. I was ignoring them, but when class started, they were kicking my chair.

Third period was better. When lunch came around, I didn't go. I went to the library instead. I didn't feel like eating. I wasn't hungry. I started reading some books until next period. School finally ended, and I rushed back to the hospital. I went in, and saw my mom in the same condition.

"Your Mom seems to be getting worse." Doctor Neshal said, frowning. "At this point, she would be lucky if she survives."

I honestly couldn't believe it. I hated my life. I wanted to die. My mom can't leave me. Doctor Neshal left, and I sat down next to my mom. She suddenly moved her hands, and my eyes widened.

"M-mom..."

Her eyes fluttered, and she slowly turned to look at me. "E-Evanna?"

"Mom!" I cried. "Mom, are you okay?"

"I'm sorry sweetie," her hoarse voice said. "If I... don't make it-"

"Don't say that, Mom. You'll be okay. I promise." I Said, tears falling down.

My mom tried to smile, "Honey, you know why I named you Evanna, r-right?"

I nodded, smiling. "It means young warrior."

"Yeah." She squeezed my hand. "So, I don't want you to give up. Okay?"

I nodded, again. "I won't. Mom I love you so much."

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I love you," My mom's voice faltered, as she took her last breath and closed her eyes.

"No!" I shouted. My mom's heart beat line went flat, and I cried. Doctors and nurses rushed in. One of the nurses brought me outside. I was crying so much. No way. She couldn't leave me. She couldn't just die.

I cried into the nurse's shirt. She hugged me, comforting me. I prayed to God. She would make it. She's going to live. She'll be with me forever.

Doctor Neshal came out with a distraught face.

"No... no, no, no. This can't be happening. My m-Mom..."

"I'm sorry Evanna. I'm really, really sorry."

I ran back into the room. My mom laid there... dead. I went to her side and cried. "Mom, you can't leave me. Please mom. Please."

Some of the nurses and doctors were also crying. My mom worked here for so many years. She had so many friends in this hospital.

"Mom. I'm all alone now. Please mom. I love you..."

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆

The funeral was terrible. I couldn't believe it. Two funerals in a row. How messed up can my life get? I cried so much in the funeral. I was so upset. Some of the nurses and doctors were there. My mom's friends were there. I was too devastated to do anything. I walked home, no energy left in me. I didn't want to admit it, but I fell into depression again.

I didn't want to speak to anyone. It's not like I had anyone anymore. I broke my promise. I cut that night. And I cried. Laughter became non existent in my world anymore. Happiness also disappeared. It was just emptiness, and sadness, and hatred.

I didn't go to school. I didn't eat. I just stayed in bed, thinking of all the memories we had together. I was mad because I couldn't remember much either. My memories were faded. I didn't want to do anything. The next day, someone knocked on the door.

I walked downstairs and opened the door to see a woman. In her late 20's or early 30's. "Hi, sweetie. Are you Evanna?"

I slowly nodded. She looked a little worried about me. Maybe it was my lifeless eyes. Or the dark circles under them. "May I come in?"

I wasn't going to let a stranger in because uh, you learn that when you're young.

"Oh, sweetie. Sorry. I'm from the Little Angel Orphanage."

Orphanage.

"Oh... come in..."

She came in and sat down on a couch. I sat down across from her. "So, you must have so many questions right now."

Yes, I do...

"Well, since your parents are... gone... we have to take you into an orphanage until we get contact from a relative or your father."

I slightly winced when she said 'father.' I just nodded along, listening to her.

"You should pack. You can bring suitcases. We're leaving today. I'll pick you up at 3pm. Oh, by the way, my name's Lilian."

I gave her a tiny smile, along with a nod, to be polite, you know. She nodded and left. I have three hours.

I pulled out my large suitcase, and started putting my clothes in. I could always buy more, so I only packed the ones that I actually liked. I packed half of my books, because all of them couldn't fit. Do you know how upset I was? My poor books. I cried. Don't call me emotional. So many things were going wrong, this made it worse. Actually, I am emotional I guess.

I packed my toothbrush, brush, earbuds, charger, and basic essentials. I put in a picture of my mom, and a picture of our family. I smiled looking at the picture. When did our family become so... broken? I realized that was the first time I smiled in a while. Then everything crashed again. Sighing, I placed the picture in, and moved on. I packed other stuff I thought I might need, like a notebook and stuff like that.

After an hour of packing, I went downstairs with one big suitcase and a medium backpack. Until she came, I just tried to make myself laugh by watching some movies or something. I tried to focus on the movie, but I was nervous. I'm seriously going to an orphanage. Oh my gosh. Did it literally hit me right now? My anxiety started getting worse all of the sudden.

"Evanna! Eat your pills. You know whenever you get anxiety, you eat them," My mom told me. A tear escaped my eyes.

Mom... I miss you. I walked up to my cabinet and grabbed my anxiety pills. I swallowed one dry, and put the rest in my bag. I also packed another antidepressant just in case. I waited for another hour until I heard a knock on the door. "Hey, Evanna. Ready?"

I nodded, and we walked out. I stared back at my house. The house I used to live in since I was born. I'll miss you. So many memories. Goodbye, house.

"What going to happen to all of my other stuff?" I asked.

"We'll keep everything until we clean it out."

"Oh..."

I guess this is it, House. Thank you, for everything.

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆

hey guys!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading lol! Sorry for the short chapter :)

Vote
Comment
Share
:)