Chapter 25: After School

E V A N N A

"We have to walk?" I asked, walking outside the school.

"Will you shut the fuck up? You're annoying me,"
Owen growled.

"You go a different way. Don't follow us," Jayden told me. Well, more like ordered me.

"I don't even know where-"

Owen shoved me to the ground, making people stare at our direction. "Stay away from us, and just shut up, will you? Go home yourself."

They walked away, leaving me lost and helpless. I had no idea where to go, and when I searched my bag for my phone, it was gone. "You've got to be kidding me," I mumbled. I saw Summer walk by and I ran up to her.

"Oh, hi, Evanna."

"Hey, can we walk together?" I asked.

"Yeah. I forgot we live in the same neighborhood."

We both started walking, avoiding other people who were running around or knocking into others.

"Is it Jayden?" I asked.

Summer glanced at me. "Huh?"

"Was he the one who was bullying you?"

Summer looked straight ahead, sighing. "Maybe. He came 2 months ago, and he immediately took over the whole school. Before, there were other boys and girls who bullied me. The whole school was against me."

"Jayden came 2 months ago? From where?" I asked.

"I don't know. I think something bad happened to him. Anyway, I hate him. I wish he never was in our school. Or Owen. Or anyone who bothers me. I would always wished I had friends. But I didn't."

"Well, now you have me. I'll try to stand up for you," I said, even though I knew that would get me into huge trouble.

"Oh, I forgot!" Summer suddenly stopped. "About Jayden... when we were at lunch, I can't believe he said that to you."

"It's fine," I sighed. "Don't worry about it."

She bit her lower lip, a frown on her face. We finally reached our neighborhood and I said bye to her. I went to my house and knocked.

"Evanna?" Rose's eyes widened when she opened the door.

I smiled. "Yeah... I had to talk to a teacher. Sorry I came late."

Rose shook her head. "It's fine. How was your first day of school?"

I went to drink water, Rose following behind me. "It was okay."

"Did you make any friends?"

"Yeah. Summer and Natalie. They're nice."

Rose frowned. "What about Jayden and Owen? Were they helpful? Were they nice to you?"

"Yeah," I lied.

Her frown faded. "That's good. You should go downstairs."

I went downstairs and saw Jayden and Owen, playing games on the PS4. Owen died and he groaned. He suddenly looked back and nudged Jayden. His head whipped in my direction and stared at me with cold eyes. I felt myself slightly tremble, withering under their glares.