Stars x Nomin

~ Requested ~

———

Jeno wasn't the regular boyfriend everyone had.

Perfect in every way- well he was in Jaemins eyes- but there was a problem with the soft boy.

He was sick.

He's gone through many procedures that caused him to be so weak at heart- anything could happen at anytime- which is what made Jaemin over protected of him. Worried that if he fell asleep he'd never wake up again.

Jaemin never knew why the sickness chose Jeno. Jeno, a soft boy who loved everyone and everything, who was so nice to even those who didn't deserve it, he was that one boy you'd fall in love with because of his happiness and high spirit. His background did not define him at all, from his passed mother to his abusive father, it didn't harden him, it only built him, and that's what Jaemin loved. Jeno deserved everything in Jaemins eyes- but he was here.
Lying in a hospital bed, so weak and tired- Jaemin had never felt at a lower point.

"Jaemin?" He heard a soft voice break his inner thoughts and he looked up to see his one and only.

"What is it Jeno?" Jaemin asked as he held his small hand in his larger one.

"Why?" Jeno whispered as he looked sorrowed at Jaemin, eye lids half closed as he felt them feel so heavy.

"Why what baby?" He asked softly as he lifted his eyebrow.

"Why do you stay?"

Jaemin thought for a moment.

"Because I love you." He answered truthfully, and Jeno gave a small breathy laugh followed by a eye smile.

"How could you still love me?" He whispered in disbelief. "When I'm ill and unable to show you love back."

"I don't care Jeno. I don't care that your ill- hell I wouldn't even care if you could walk- talk- see- or hear- I'd still love you." He said.

Jeno gave a soft smile.

"My time is short Jaemin-" he started.

"No!" Jaemin yelled out as he gripped Jeno's hand. "It's not- you'll get through this- you'll- you'll survive and I'll take you on adventures and we'll see the world- together." Jaemin said as he put his head down, on the verge of tears.

Jeno knew Jaemin hated talking about his health issues. He knew that Jaemins hopes were high- but on the edge of brokenness he didn't know what to believe. Jaemin was hurt, and Jeno knew it was his fault.

"Jaemin..." Jeno whispered.

"You have to survive. You can't leave me." He heard Jaemin choke on a sob and his heart twisted.

Jeno hurt at the sight. He hated this as much as Jaemin did. He didn't want Jaemin to go through this, he didn't want him to hurt because of him. He lifted his hand weakly as he put it on top of Jaemins head, and played with his soft hair.

Jaemin lifted his head after wiping his tears away swiftly, and met Jeno's soft eyes. Jaemin then took Jeno's hand on his head and landed it on his cheek as he turned and landed a peck on it. He then stared at Jeno, lovingly as he thought of their memories.

A knock was heard on the door and Jaemin looked up to see Jeno's doctor.

"It's time for Jeno's nightly treatment." She said softly as she gave a smile.

Jaemin then looked at Jeno; kisses his head; and got up from his chair as he left the room, waiting in the hallway.

~

"I'll never leave you." Jaemin whispered as he ran his hand through Jeno's hair, staring at the sleeping boy.

Jaemin loved Jeno. He always did- ever since they were kids. Jeno got sick in High school, which took a toll on their relationship. Jaemin never left Jeno's side since he was rushed to the hospital after throwing up and passing out. He promised Jeno he'd always be there for him, always. His first to his last breath. Forever.

Jaemin remembered when they were in high school. So young, and naive, and smiled. They were a new couple, but yet so lovey dovey and soft for each other. Jaemin remembered the first time he and Jeno went on a date. It was winter, and it was snowing while they walked up a snowy mountain. They were far from home, on vacation, shutting the world out as they focused on one another.

They reached the top of the mountain and that's when they saw the stars. They were star gazing all night, holding hands and telling eachother love words. It was filled with love, Jaemin never thought anything would go wrong.

It was perfect.

I guess he told time wrong. He thought the future and jinxed himself.

"I love you." Jaemin whispered as he kissed Jeno's hand, and let the night fall upon him as he felt sleepy.

Letting the winter night howl away as it raced across the land.

The stars shining bright.

~