Lonley Nights x Jaeyong

Taeyong lies in bed, restless as he looks at old pictures of him and another boy. Happy, smiling, so young. He couldn't help but feel his feeling twist in pain as he thought back to the old bright days.

It's not bright anymore. It's like the sun had blackened out, the ashes lied on the ground. The world turned the back on him, and now he wishes he'd done something.

Just to keep the one he loved close, but now they weren't. Now they were close. They were so far, and Taeyong couldn't even reach out and touch the missing side beside him.

Every day he'd lie in bed, and watch his life flicker away like a lit candle that's been sitting in the cold wind. So alone, that no one had been there to help him get back up. His body and his soul felt restless, cold, and empty. As if love and bubbly feelings have never been there.

His mind so dark that even the bats would run from the darkness within. Even shadows would scream and hide just to get away. His loneliness so alone, that it even wished it had a friend. His thoughts so captivated, that they fled and cried to be freed.

He knew what it felt like, to lose the one closest to you, as if they never knew each other. Those long talks turned to one word conversations, those laughs turned to frowns with tension, and those memories turned too nothing but the past.

He wonders if he turned back, maybe things would be different. Maybe he'd still be smiling. Maybe he'd still be in love.

Maybe he'd still have the love of his life in his arms again.

But he didn't. He didn't turn back because he was scared. Scared of rejection, humiliation, and regret.

He only wished he'd kept him close, because now he's close with another. Someone not him. Someone other than him.

Striking his heart, he thought of how he hugged them, kissed them, and adored them as he did with him. The loving words and cuddles, it all darkened his pitch black night.

And so he closed his phone.
He covered himself up, remembering that someone else's body heat wouldn't keep him warm anymore.
Closed his eyes.
And slept.

A dream where maybe he was happy. Still with his true love and happy memories bloomed every second.

A dream where this night wasn't lonely.

A dream....