Prince and the Tramp [Jaeyong]

"Come on Taeyong! Hurry up we're gonna miss the announcement!" A boy calls out behind him as they run towards the large crowd of people.

"I'm trying!" Taeyong yells back in an effort to show that he truly was.

Once the 3 boys and 2 girls got to the crowd, they all tried to see but there were too many people in front of them. The whole town was here, and for one thing.

The queen and king of the northern hills arrival was today, and so was the princes. The girls in the towns heard the news and went crazy as they all had their best clothes on, which was a dress and a corset that Taeyong thought would suffocate them.

"Look! There he is!" Taeyong snapped his head to to the front, and saw a small fat man holding a rather large tube.

"Attention all citizens of Klax town! The Queen and King and their Prince have arrived today safely from their northern palace! Tonight, they are throwing a ball at the royal palace! All are to be invited and to show up in their best clothing!" The crowd cheered in excitement, and Taeyong looked over to find his friends slapping hands with one another.

"Quiet down! Quiet! There will also be a courtesy for the Prince, as the Queen and King have wished upon our maidens to become his wife!" The women in the crowd screamed out in laughter and happiness at this, volume going up by the second.

Whatever the juke-man said next wasn't heard, or wasn't important as he said it and want back into the carriage he came from.

"Guys we gotta go get ready! It's already half passed 7!" The black headed boy, Jeno, requested eagerly.

"Jeno's right!" Another boy with brown fluffy locks, Mark, agreed.

"I can't go." Taeyong interrupts, getting everyone's attention.

"Why not Tae?" A reddish brown hair boy asks, Haechan.

"I have to take care of my mom, I can't leave her alone at night. I also have nothing to wear." Taeyong explains quietly, looking apologetic.

"I'll take care of your mom Taeyong-" The 2nd to only girl in their group spoke up.

"No no Dahyun don't worry about it. I never liked parties anyway. I'll be fine, just grab some food while your there, yea?" Taeyong asks, and they all agreed full heartedly.

Heading home, the boys split and went into their houses to get ready for the ball. All except Taeyong, who stepped into his house and went to see his mother. She was lying on her bed, asleep soundly as she has been for the past few months. Taeyong never talked about it much, but his mother was sick. She got ill during winter when a large snow covered their town, and left frost everywhere. All their crops died and many fell sick due to the change in temperature and barely any food. His mother was one of those victims. It was spring time now, however, she was not better.

Taeyong went into the kitchen, taking his shoes off as he hung up his flimsy coat on a railing. He then got some water and put it into a tea pan, putting it on top of a burning flame that warmed their house.

Taeyong was not wealthy, in fact, he was very poor in their town. He didn't have his own bed, their house did not carry electricity like some other houses, he only had 4 pieces of clothing, and barely made money to get himself and his mother by.