18

It had been one week after the whole "gates of hell" situation. Jessica was in the back seat laying down while Sam was reading a book about crossroad demons. He looked up and saw Dean put a thumbs up. Sam chuckled. He looked away as Dean was taking a woman's shirt off.

"I'm not sleeping in there tonight." Jessica said with her eyes closed.

Sam chuckled again.

Jessica knew what Dean was doing. It was his version of "fun". She didn't care for it, really. But, Jessica felt a small twist in her stomach and she couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. Jessica sighed and shook her head. She didn't need to feel jealous. Jessica knew she didn't have anything for Dean. It was probably something else, that's all.

"I'll be right back." Sam said as he got out of the Impala. He walked towards the motel and went inside.

"This'll be interesting." Jessica muttered as she sat up. She could see Sam open the door to Dean's room. He looked away disgusted and covered his eyes. Then Sam shut the door and came back outside.

As Sam got back into the Impala, he could hear Jessica laughing.

"Dude, that's gonna scar you." Jessica wiped a tear away as she continued to laugh.

"Shut up." Sam muttered. He was wiping his eyes.

"Want some bleach?" Jessica joked. "Might get the image out of your brain."

Sam gave her a dirty look. Jessica chuckled.

Dean walked out of the motel with a big smile on his face. He climbed into the Impala and started the engine.

"That's never gonna get out of my head." Sam said as they pulled away from the motel. "We gotta job by the way. Bobby called."

"When?" Jessica asked.

"You were asleep." Sam replied.

Jessica shrugged her shoulders and sat back in her seat.

"What's Bobby got?" Dean asked.

"Not much." Sam replied. "Crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Could be demonic omens."

"Or could Just be a bad crop and a bug problem." Dean said.

"But it's our only lead." Sam said.

"Any freaky deaths?" Dean asked.

"Nothing Bobby could find, not yet, anyway." Sam sighed.

"It's weird, man, the night the devil's gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?" Dean asked.

Jessica had laid down in the back seat and closed her eyes. She began to fall asleep. Dean and Sam's conversation turned into an echo as she passed out.

~<•>~

"STOP!" Someone screamed. It sounded like Sam.

The sound of claws and dogs barking could be heard, but not seen. Why couldn't Jessica see anything?

"STOP!" Sam yelled again. This time, an image flashed in front of Jessica's eyes. She had her hands in front of her face. They were covered in blood. Lots of blood.

"NO!" Sam shouted. Another image flashed and showed him pinned against a wall. He was looking at something on the ground.

"You couldn't stop this even if you wanted too." A new voice rang in Jessica's ears. It was female.

"Jess!" This was Dean. His voice sounded strangled. What was going on?