114

Jessica flipped through some notes she had taken on fire Imps in her old notebook. She smiled sadly as another memory came back to the surface.

~<•>~

Eighteen year old Jessica sat at a small table near the motel window. John had given her a notebook and a laptop to search up some lore on fire Imps.

"This is boring." Jessica groaned as her eyes felt heavy. She had been staring at a screen for hours.

"Have you found anything yet?" John asked as he came back into the motel room. In his hand was a bag of fast food.

"Nothing. Sometimes I can't tell if it's real or not."

"Are you using Wikipedia?" John asked.

Jessica looked up at the man with a blank stare. "No."

"Good." John handed Jessica the bag and a soda. "Here, eat up."

Jessica dug into the bag and pulled out a burger and some fries.

"Looking up stuff is hard. I don't see how you can do it all the time." Jessica said through mouthfuls of food.

John chuckled a little bit. "Sam, he's—" he stopped himself.

Jessica stared at John weirdly. "Who's Sam?"

"No one." John shook his head. "Hurry up and finish eating. We've got a big day tomorrow and I want you energized."

Jessica sighed and rolled her eyes.

~<•>~

Jessica watched as Daphne laid out her bed for her and her son.

"Thank you. This means a lot."

Jessica smiled sweetly at Daphne. "Of course. It's the least I can do. I'm hoping to have that Imp out of your house by tomorrow. I just need to do a check up on my research and then I should be good to go."

Daphne nodded her head and gave Jessica a small smile.

Suddenly, Jessica's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Jess, what do you think you're doing?!" Dean barked into the phone.

Jessica sighed and shook her head. "I'm helping out a friend. I told you to stay at the bunker. I'll be fine."

"Jessica, your powers are failing you—"

"Thanks for the reminder."

Dean sighed. "Jess, I don't want you to get hurt. Let me handle this."

"Dude." Sam spoke up.

Jessica's eyes widened. "I thought I told you to keep a close eye on Sam? He shouldn't be doing anything."

"Yeah, I know. I tried telling him that but he came along anyways."

Lights panned across Jessica's motel window.