101

One year later.

Jessica sat in front of the coffee table in Rufus's cabin. She had a whole bunch of lore on Leviathans in front of her.

"There's gotta be something here." Jessica scratched her head as she stared down at her work. Then she sighed angrily and stood up.

Dean had been gone for a year now. Sam had stopped looking for his brother a while back and was somewhere in Texas.

Jessica plopped herself down in her favorite recliner and stared at the note Dean had written her. He had written it before he had gone to rescue her.

"Bobby says to not worry about him. He told us to burn his flask so he could be at peace. He wanted to let you know that he loved you very much and that he'll always be watching over us."

Jessica sighed again and placed the note on a table beside her chair.

"Where the hell are you, Dean?" She whispered to herself.

Even though Sam had lost hope, Jessica hadn't. She would keep looking no matter how long it took. She knew, deep down Dean was alive. Jessica just felt it. So there was no way she would be giving up.

Jessica ran a hand through her hair and stood up. She closed her eyes and thought of Dean.

"Please, let this work." Jessica thought.

The woman opened her eyes as they began to glow a familiar blue. Then, Jessica cried out in pain. Just like she had tried so many other times before, her powers did not work.

"Damn it!" Jessica fell to the floor on her hands and knees. Tears fiercely flowed down her face as she sobbed.

"You better not be dead or I swear—" Jessica sniffed. "I swear I'll bring you back and kill you myself." The woman continued to cry. "You just can't be!"

Jessica slowly calmed herself down and stood. She grabbed the Impala keys off of the table and went outside.

"Hey Girl." Jessica smiled at the car. It looked like it was brand new. "You miss me? Haven't driven you in a few days."

Jessica let her hand glide across the hood to the drivers side door.

"I missed you." She unlocked the door and sat in the drivers seat. Then, Jessica put the key in the ignition and turned the car on.

"Ah there it is." Jessica smiled as she heard the familiar roar of the engine. "Let's go for a ride, shall we?"

Jessica backed the car up onto the road and began her little road trip to town.

After the woman got to town, she filled up the gas tank and continued her little journey to her favorite spot in Wyoming. Jessica was going to the National Park Mountain to camp there for a few days.

As Jessica turned onto the dirt road and parked in her favorite spot, she turned off the car and listened to the forest.

"Wow." Jessica breathed. "This is just what I needed." She sighed sadly. "I only wish you were here, Dean."

As the hours passed by, Jessica set up a tent made out of long branches. Then, the woman set up her own campfire.

"I wonder where you are." Jessica said to herself as she watched the stars shimmer in the night sky. "I just hope you're alive."

The woman yawned and stretched. Then, she turned in for the night. The only thing on her mind as she laid down to sleep was finding Dean.

~<•>~