93

The hunters had arrived back at the hospital Castiel was in.

"We raced all the way here. Now I don't know." Dean sighed. "I can't say I'm fired up to see what's left of the guy."

"You think he remembers at all?" Sam asked.

Dean scoffed. "That, and I'm guessing whatever kind of hell baggage he lifted off of your plate. It's not going to be pretty."

Suddenly a guard walked in front of the three.

"Excuse me, but it's way past visiting hours."

"It's okay, Abel." Meg came walking into view. "I've been expecting them." She now stood in front of the three. "Come, this way." Meg motioned her head towards the door.

The three hunters followed her.

"He's in there." Meg let the three walk into the room first.

"Hey, Cas." Dean said.

Castiel was looking out his window.

He slowly turned around and looked at the three.

"Hello, Dean." He turned towards Sam. "Sam."

"Hey, Castiel." Sam had a smile on his lips.

"Jessica." Castiel nodded his head at his sister.

"Hey Cas." Jessica smiled.

Dean cleared his throat. "Well, look at you walkin' and talkin'. That's—that's great right?"

Castiel had walked forward and held up his pointer finger towards Dean.

"Pull my finger." Castiel asked.

Dean looked at the man confused.

"What?"

"My finger—pull it."

Dean hesitated but slowly grabbed Castiel's finger. Then, he pulled it.

Jessica flinched when all of the lights went out and shattered.

Castiel chuckled.

~<•>~

Meg was putting a fresh light bulb in. The room illuminated with light.

"Okay, just hang on, Cas, wait. Let us catch up to you for a second." Dean ran a hand through his hair.

"So," Sam started. "You're saying you remember who you are, what you are."

"Yes of course." Castiel replied. Then his eyes lit up. "Oh. Outside today, in the garden, I followed a honeybee. I saw the route of flowers. It's all right there, the whole plan. There's nothing to add."

"You might want to add a little Thorazine." Sam said to Meg as he stared at Castiel.

"Right?" Meg looked at Castiel. "He's been like the naked guy at the rave ever since he woke up. Totally useless."

Castiel looked at Meg with a smile on his lips.

"Will you look at her? My caretaker. All of that thorny pain. So beautiful."

"We've been over this. I don't like poetry. Put up or shut up."

"Okay," Sam cleared his throat as he stood. "Cas, you said you woke up last night?"