28

Sam, Dean and Jessica had been sitting in a local diner waiting for the news on Pamala. Dean was talking about summoning the "thing" and Sam wasn't having it.

"Guys—" Jessica was cut off.

"Look, I've been following some demons into down. Why don't we go see where they are and ask them what we're dealing with?"

"Alright." Dean agreed.

A waitress handed Sam and Dean pie. Then, she sat down in a chair at the table.

"Are you looking for a tip?" Dean chuckled.

"Aren't you looking for us?" The girl looked at Dean, then to Sam. The group watched as her eyes clouded to a dark black. A demon.

The three tensed in their seats and watched as the whole diner was full of demons.

The girls eyes went back to normal. She looked at Dean.

"Dean, to hell and back." She smiled. "Aren't you a lucky duck?"

"That's me." Dean said with a deep tone in his voice.

"So you just get to stroll out of the pit, huh?" The girl tilted her head to the side. "Tell me, what makes you so special?"

Dean smiled. "I'd like to think it's because of my perky nipples."

Jessica bit her lip to keep herself from laughing.

The girl didn't seem amused.

Dean sighed. "I don't know. It wasn't my doing. I don't know who pulled me out."

"Lying's a sin ya know."

"I don't know who pulled me out." Dean said.

The demon looked at Jessica.

"He's not lying."

"But I'd like to find out so if you'd like to enlighten me, Flo." Dean quipped.

"Watch your tone with me, boy." Flo sneered. "I'll drag you back to hell myself. Sam and Jessica went to stand up quickly when Dean motioned for them to stop.

"I doubt it." He said. "The thing is, you don't even know who cut me loose, do you?"

The girl didn't say a word.

"You're just as spooked as we are."

"They're stronger than you, aren't they?" Jessica asked. Flo turned towards her. "You're terrified."

Flo turned towards Dean again.

"I'm gonna reach down your throat and rip out your lungs."

Dean moved closer towards the girl then slapped her. Jessica flinched. She hadn't expected Dean to do that.

"That's what I thought." Dean said. "Let's go guys."

The three got up from the table and began to walk out. Dean stood next to the girl and placed a ten dollar bill on the table.

"For the pie." Dean then walked away.

~<•>~

It was late now. Dean had books spread all over his bed. A book laid open while he was asleep.

Jessica was in the bathroom brushing her teeth. She stopped once she heard the Impala roar to life.

Jessica groaned and spit the paste into the sink and rinsed her mouth out. She wiped her lips and walked out of the bathroom. Sam was missing.

"Dean." Jessica walked towards the sleeping man. He didn't wake up.

"Dean wake—" Jessica stopped as the Tv switched on. Then, the radio began to switch its own stations.

Dean opened his eyes. Then, he rolled over to the other side of the bed and grabbed a shot gun.

"Sam's gone." Jessica said as Dean stepped in front of her.

"I see." Dean sighed. He aimed the shot gun at the door.

"Hear me." Castiel whispered. Dean began to wince in pain.

"Dean?" Jessica looked at him.

"Hear my voice." Castiel said.

Dean cried out in agony. Blood seeped from his ears.

"Dean?" Jessica grabbed his arm. "What's wrong?!"

Glass began to shatter everywhere. The mirror above Dean and Jessica cracked.

"Listen to what I have to say!" Castiel said. This made Dean cry out more.

"Dean!" Jessica was worried. What was Castiel doing to him?

The mirror above the two shattered again. This caused Dean and Jessica to throw themselves to the side. The glass had barely missed them.

"Dean! Dean what's wrong?! Tell me!" Jessica looked at the man. His eyes were shut tight and he kept crying out in pain.

"Listen!" Castiel said.

Jessica panicked.

"CASTIEL STOP!"

The glass had stopped breaking and Dean stoped cringing. He looked up at Jessica and cocked a brow. How was she not in any pain?

"Dean!" Bobby burst into the room. He knelt down and tended to the boys wounds.

Jessica helped Dean stand.

"How are you not hurt?" Dean asked.

Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "Must've only been after you, I guess."

Dean slowly nodded his head. Then he winced as Bobby tried to clean him up.

"Come on you two." Bobby motioned for them. "Let's get you out of here and find Sam."

"Agreed." Jessica replied and followed the men out of the room.

She had a good idea of where Sam was. But why would he go alone? They're better sticking together than going alone.

Jessica hoped they got to Sam in time before something bad happened. She couldn't watch him die again. She just couldn't.