34

2 days later. 8:30 p.m.

Jessica groaned and then growled. How could Dean do that to her? All she wanted to do was help.

Jessica felt a tug on her arm as she tried to stretch. She lazily looked over towards her left arm and sighed. She gave it one tug and freed herself from the hand cuffs.

"Those never worked anyways." Jessica muttered. She got up from the bed and looked outside. Dean was back. And he had Sam. But something was wrong. The two looked miserable.

Dean unlocked the door and stepped inside. He paused as he saw Jessica standing in front of him. But she wasn't mad.

"Are you guys okay?" Jessica asked concerned.

Dean didn't say a word. He walked up to Jessica and embraced her in a hug.

"Hey," Jessica rubbed his back. "What's wrong?"

"Meg," Sam frowned. "She had hell hounds and had them chase after us." He sniffed. "Ellen, Dean and I got away just fine but Jo," a single tear slipped down his cheek. "She got attacked. Next thing we know Ellen and Jo are setting a trap for the hellhounds and they blow the store up."

"They're dead?" Jessica's voice cracked.

"Yeah." Dean frowned. "I could've saved Jo, I just—"

"It's not your fault." Jessica hugged Dean again. "It's not your fault."

Dean cried into the girls shoulder. For some reason, it felt like it was his fault.

~<•>~

Jessica had curled up next to Dean in bed. He grabbed her and pulled her closer.

"I'm sorry for knocking you out." Dean whispered.

Jessica chuckled.

"It was a good nap. But I forgive you."

Dean placed a kiss on her head and smiled.

"I love you, Jess."

Jessica froze. Her heart began to beat faster. Did he just say...?

"What did you say?" Jessica looked up at Dean.

"I said," Dean leaned forward. "I love you."

Jessica smiled and leaned closer.

"I love you too, Dean Winchester." Then, the two kissed.

Nothing could ever separate them.

Well.....

~<•>~

Jessica woke up to a gun barrel pointed at her face.

A man in a ski mask held a single finger to his lips.

Jessica looked towards Sam's bed and saw him being held a gun point as well.

Dean began to shift awake. He realized his gun wasn't under his pillow anymore.

"Looking for this?" A man held Deans gun up and unloaded it.

Dean looked at Sam. Then to the girl sitting next to him.

"Morning."