29

"Wait," Jessica stopped the conversation between Bobby and Dean. "Are we leaving Sam?"

"We gotta find what this thing is." Dean said. "He's better off where he is anyways."

Jessica opened her mouth to say something but stopped. It was pointless to argue with Dean at the moment.

"Be careful Sam, wherever you are." Jessica thought.

~<•>~

Bobby was putting paint on the floor of an old, abandoned barn. He stood up as he finished the last mark.

"Wow." Jessica whistled. "That's a lot of traps."

"Well," Bobby started. "Gotta keep whatever's after Dean away from him."

"Hey, I'm not complaining." Dean smirked. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Let's get this show on the road, shall we?" Jessica asked. Dean smiled.

Bobby walked over to a bowl and splashed something into it. The bowl began to hiss and produce smoke. Then, Bobby began to chant.

~<•>~

Jessica sat against the barns wall and waited for the "thing" to show up. She was extremely bored at this point.

"Hey." Dean walked over towards Jessica and sat down next to her. "How you holdin' up?"

"A bit bored, but I'm alright." Jessica sighed. "You?"

"I'm ready to kick some ass." Dean smirked. This caused Jessica to chuckle.

"Dean, do you remember what hell was like?" Jessica had to tread lightly with this question.

Dean looked at Jessica.

"No, no I don't."

"That's good, then." Jessica grabbed his hand and held it in her own. Dean dragged his thumb across her knuckles.

"How can you be ok with this?" Dean asked. "Being a hunter and all. There's no sunlight or happiness in our job. It's all dark and depressing. People dying here and there. I mean—"

"Dean," Jessica squeezed his hand. "You are my Sunlight. This job has given me a new family. Yes, people we love may die, our bodies may be tired, but we always keep fighting. We kick ass. And nothing can stop us." Jessica smiled. "We'll be everyone's guardian angel. We'll protect them until our very last breath. Until our souls decide to give up. But until then, we always keep fighting."

"How could I ever live without you?" Dean kissed Jessica's hand.

"You couldn't." Jessica leaned forward and placed a sweet kiss on Dean's lips. A rumbling sound caused them to pull apart.

"This is it." Dean said as he stood up. He cocked the shot gun in his hand.

Bobby and Jessica stood up as well. She had the demon blade in her hands.

The metal roofing of the barn began to lift and slam back down.

"Maybe it's just the wind." Dean hoped.