47

One year had passed by quickly. The Winchester's and Jessica had gone on many hunts. But the girl never forgot about Charlie. She was sweet and kind and even told Jessica about her work. She worked with a man named Dick Roman. That name didn't ring any bells, but it would soon.

As the group arrived at their motel, Jessica and Dean decided to stay outside and "chat".

"So..." Dean kicked a piece of loose gravel. "What happened to you?"

Jessica tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Are you talking about me disappearing after your talk with death? Dean, that was months ago."

"Yes, I know that." Dean replied.

Jessica sighed loudly. "I heard voices and I made the mistake to shut my eyes. Then I wound up somewhere else. That's all." Jessica patted the man on the shoulder. "I'm fine, Dean."

Dean grabbed Jessica's arm before she could walk past him. "If you're not telling me everything, you know I'll find out."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Of course I do." The girl looked down at her arm and then up at Dean. "Please let go of my arm."

Dean slowly loosened his grip and watched the girl walk into their motel room.

All of them turned in for the night.

~<•>~

It was 8:30 in the morning. Jessica woke up next to a loudly snoring Dean. She rolled her eyes and carefully got out of bed. Jessica brushed her hair and then her teeth and walked outside. She wasn't expecting to run into Castiel.

"Whoa," Jessica jumped a bit. She held a hand over her heart as she noticed it was just Cas. "Jeez Cas, you can't just show up unannounced."

Castiel didn't say a word. He only stared forward.

"Cas?" Jessica raised a brow towards the angel. Was he alright?

The angel still did not answer her. But he looked like he wanted to.

"Castiel what's wrong?" Jessica stepped forward only to have the angel step away.

"I-I have to go." Castiel whispered.

"Wait!" Jessica reached out to grab the man but he had quickly vanished. "What has gotten into him?" Jessica said aloud as she walked back into the motel room.

"Oh, there you are." Dean sighed with relief. "I thought something bad happened to you."

"Am I on Dean patrol now?" Jessica chuckled. The man gave her a flat look.

"I heard you talking to someone out there, who was it?" Dean asked as he packed his bag.

"Castiel." Jessica replied. She watched as both men looked at each other with wide eyes.

"You saw Cas?!" Dean quickly went for the door and whipped it open. He saw no one outside.

"He acted strange." Jessica watched Dean look everywhere for the trench coat angel.

"That's because he's got millions of souls inside of him. He wanted us to call him God." Dean came back into the motel room.

"God?" Jessica raised a brow. "When did I miss this?"

"You were on a mission with Bobby. A Djin was in the area and he wanted your help." Dean replied. "Don't you remember?"