61

Jessica had followed Ava to every one of her classes. Now that the day was over, it was time to go back to the dorms.

"Hey!" Eric had caught up to the girls and stopped them. "I'm having this party later tonight," He handed Jessica an address. "I was hoping you'd be there."

Jessica took the small piece of paper and lightly smiled. "I'll think about it."

Eric smiled as well. "Okay." He then slowly began to walk away from the two and back to his group of friends.

"I wouldn't go if I were you." Ava said. "He just doesn't seem right."

Jessica crumpled the piece of paper in her hands and threw it away in a near by garbage can. "Who said I was going?"

Ava looked at Jessica and laughed.

~<•>~

"Wow, this is where you're living?" Jessica looked around Ava's room.

"Yeah, it's not much though."

"Not much?" Jessica saw that the girl had a small kitchen in her dorm room. "This is more than what I got in college."

Ava chuckled. She grabbed her school work out of her bag and set down her textbooks. "If you need me, just tap my shoulder. I'm gonna listen to some music and study a bit."

Jessica nodded her head. As she looked around the room, she couldn't help but remember her old life. A college student, young and reckless. But that was all in the past now.

As Jessica put her hand into her shorts pocket she felt a small piece of paper. She pulled it out and saw that it was Eric's address.

"Ava," Jessica tapped the woman on the shoulder. "I think we should go to his party."

"What? Are you serious?" Ava took out her ear buds.

"Come on." Jessica grabbed Ava's arm and pulled her towards the door.

"Okay okay." Ava grabbed her dorm room key and closed the door behind her.

~<•>~

Jessica and Ava had made their way to Erics party and found themselves swallowed by a crowd of college students.

"God it's loud in here." Jessica yelled over the loud music. Her and Ava were making their way over to the "punch" table when someone bumped into Jessica.

"Jamie!" Eric had a wide smile on his lips. "I didn't think you'd actually come."

Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I wasn't doing anything so..."

"Oh, I want you to meet some friends of mine." Eric brought Jessica and Ava over towards his group of friends. "This is Jack." Eric pointed towards a man with a small nose piercing.

"Hi." Jessica shook the man's hand.

"This is Jasmine." Eric pointed towards a girl with purple hair.

"Nice to meet you." Jessica shook the girls hand.

"And this is Zach." Eric pointed towards a man that looked like he wanted to leave the party. His dark brown hair was slightly spiked to the left side of his head. A few pieces of hair hung in front of his eyes.