25

Jessica couldn't walk. She couldn't stand. She couldn't breathe. Dean was gone.

Bobby had come into the room. Apparently, all of the demons had left once Lilith was gone.

Jessica felt hands underneath her armpits. They lifted her up off the ground. Then, they turned her to face the person holding her up. It was Bobby. He was saying something, but Jessica couldn't hear him.

"Jessica Wilson!" Bobby shook the girl. She heard him that time. "We need to leave."

Jessica's eyes felt heavy. Her heart felt heavy.

"But Dean—"

"He's gone," Bobby said quietly. "I'm sorry, but we need to go."

"No..." Jessica wobbled on her feet. Her eyes suddenly closed and she passed out.

~<•>~

"No, we're not going to burn him." Sam said quietly. Jessica began to stir awake.

"Jess?" Sam helped the girl sit up on the couch. "Are you okay?"

"Who are we burning?" Jessica looked up at Sam.

"Dean." Bobby said sadly. "A hunters funeral."

Jessica's heart dropped again. She felt so empty without Dean now.

"No." Jessica shook her head. "Let's just bury him."

"Jessica—"

"I agree with her Bobby." Sam said. "Let's just bury him."

Bobby sighed. He didn't want to argue. Not now. Not at a time like this.

"Alright." Bobby went outside to grab his gear.

Jessica lowered her head and sighed.

"I'm going after that bitch. Even if it kills me."

Sam looked at Jessica. "No."

Jessica looked up at Sam. "I don't care what you say. I'm going after her and i'm going to kill her!"

"No, Jess. You're not!" Sam yelled.

"She killed Dean, Sam!" Jessica could feel her eyes burning with tears. "I'm going after her."

"Jessica, stop and think about what you're saying." Sam walked over to her. "Your mind is clouded by all of this rage and loss. Just, relax. Take a deep breath. Then, when you're ready, we'll go after her together."

Jessica closed her eyes and sighed. Then she nodded her head. "Alright."

~<•>~

It had been two days since Dean had died. Jessica was still hell bent on finding Lilith.

"Alright," Sam came into the motel with food in his hands. "I've got the food..." Sam looked at Jessica and noticed how quiet she was.

"Look, Jess—"

"It's alright Sammy." Jessica smiled up at him. "Let's just eat. I'm kind of tired anyways."

"Oh, okay." Sam flashed Jessica a quick smile and went towards the table. He set down the food and began to get it out.

Jessica got up from the bed and walked over towards the mini fridge.

"You want a beer?" Jessica asked.

"Oh, please." Sam chuckled.

Jessica opened up the beers she had gotten out of the fridge and hesitated. She sighed and then took something out of her jacket pocket. She opened up the little bag and poured it into Sam's beer. She swirled it around and then grabbed the drinks. "Here you go."

"Thanks." Sam took a swig of his drink.

"So, I was thinking...." Sam began to talk to Jessica. Their conversation was relaxed and calm. That is until Sam began to slur.

"Sam. Are you okay?" Jessica asked. She knew what was wrong with him.

"YeAh, I ThInK i'M jUsT tIrEd." Sam got up from his seat and wobbled.

"Oh boy." Jessica got up from her seat and helped Sam towards a bed.  He collapsed onto the bed and began to snore. "Sorry Sammy. But I need to do this." Jessica walked away from Sam and grabbed her bag. "I need to find Lilith."

~<•>~

Sam woke up with a small headache.

"Uhh. God what happened?" He looked around the room and found it was deadly quiet. "Jessica?" Sam called out. He got no answer. "Jessica?!" Sam quickly got out his phone and dialed the girl's number. He got her voice mail. "Damn it!" Sam began to call Bobby.

"Bobby, Jessica's missing. She drugged me last night so she could get away. She's going after Lilith."