126

"Jess....Jessica.....Melissa....it's time!"

Jessica's eyes shot open. In front of her stood Castiel.

"Cas!" Jessica smiled and pulled the angel in for a hug.

"Oh!" The angel was taken off guard. "It's nice to see you too, Jessica."

"Where's Dean?" Jessica asked. "Can I see him?"

Castiel scratched his head. "You can, but he feels pretty horrible for what he did to you."

Jessica's hands flew up to her throat. "Oh."

"I'll let him know you're awake." Castiel gave the woman a small smile.

Jessica nodded her head. "Thank you."

~<•>~

Dean sat on his bed looking at old family pictures. He smiled at a picture of his mom and dad. Then, his smile grew small as he stared at a picture of Jessica and him.

He could remember exactly what he had done to her. Dean could practically feel her heart beat against the palm of his hand as he squeezed her throat.

There was a knock at his door that snapped him back to reality. Dean quickly put the pictures away and cleared his throat.

"Come in."

The door opened and Jessica stepped inside.

"Hey." Jessica smiled lightly.

"Hey."

"Wow, you look like crap." She chuckled.

Dean scoffed.

"Yeah. I feel like it too."

"I'm glad you're better." Jessica shifted awkwardly.

"Jess, I'm sorry." Dean looked at his wife. "For everything that I did or said to you. I'm sorry."

Jessica walked over to Dean and sat down next to him.

"Look, it wasn't you ok? It was the mark. You couldn't control it."

"No.... I could. I could control it." He shook his head. "But it's almost as if I didn't want to."

Jessica grabbed Dean's hand and held it in hers. "It'll be ok. We'll find the book of the damned. We'll get rid of that mark."

Dean sighed. "I hope so."

There was silence.

"Jess. I'm-I'm feeling things still. Dark things. I don't know how long I can fight it."

Jessica pulled Dean close and placed a kiss on his lips.

"What...what was that for?" Dean asked.

Jessica lightly chuckled. "A distraction, that's what it was."

Dean smiled and hugged her. "Thank you."