Keith Moon #1 (The Who) Part Two

The concert had only finished a couple minutes ago. However, everyone had already crowded around backstage.

   Most of the people you didn't know, but some you recognized. However, they were either groupies that somehow managed to track the band's every move, or people who toured with the band, roadies.

   There was one person there tonight, a tall, skinny girl with brown hair and eyes, who you knew you had seen in pictures before. She was Keith's girlfriend, and from what you knew, only came to the band's concerts once in a while.

   You tried to decide whether or not to introduce yourself, but not wanting to make a big fuss, you instead sat on the end of one of the few couches, your typewriter in front of you. You were trying to write an article about the latest tour stop, in Philadelphia, but with all these people around, it was impossible to manage.

After you decided you couldn't take the noise any longer, you reached out for your typewriter, ready to take it back to a spare room where you could be alone with your thoughts. But a sudden sound of cheering startled you, as you realized the band was coming backstage.

You set the heavy typewriter down, as the band walks by, each of them smiling, sweat dripping down their faces.

The corners of your lips pulled into a smile, flashing it at any person that walks by.

Then, Keith was the last one to walk off the stage. He practically bounced up and down with energy from the gig he just played.

"Hi (Y/N)!" He shouted as he saw you.

"Hi Keith," You laughed and watched as he went into the arms of his girlfriend almost immediately.

You couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous, for over the time you had spent together on the tour, you both grew pretty close. It was easy, considering you two spent every living minute together, crammed into one space.

It had been three months, and you definitely liked him, that was for sure. But since he had a girlfriend, who he was now hugging, it didn't matter.

You slowly picked up the heavy typewriter, and dragged it across backstage, to a spare room in the back. You were pretty sure it was a closet, but it didn't matter. You just didn't want to see the two lovebirds together any longer than you had to.

"Need any help with that?" A deep voice pulled you out of your thoughts as you walked. It was John, offering to carry the heavy object.

"Nah, I'm fine," You chuckled as he grinned back at you. "Only a few more steps."

"Okay," He replied, and went back to his conversation with a blonde groupie.

Finally reaching the room farthest away from all the noise, you slammed the typewriter down on the wooden table, and cringed at the noise it made.

"I hope that didn't break," You mumbled as you pulled out the chair from underneath the table.

Sitting down, you began to type again, feeling more at ease with the lack of noise.

*

    Hours passed, and you typed away for what seemed like forever. The clock hanging right above you, said it was three in the morning.

   Normally, you would have been long asleep by now, but ever since you started touring; sleep seemed like a distant memory. One that you could only dream about. (Ha, see what I did there?)

   You set your head down on the table, on top of your arms, and yawned slowly. You closed your eyes only for a second, before turning your head the other way, so that your eyes were now facing the doorway.

A figure quickly walked by, leaving you out of their sight. However, they must've caught a glimpse of you, for they walked back, smiling at you, intently.

Keith.

"Hi Keith," You mumbled, not lifting your head up from how tired you were.

"Hi (Y/N)," He replied, stepping into the closet with you. "What are you doing?"

"Just trying to get some sleep. Oh, and I finished writing the article that I have to get to 'Rolling Stone'."

"Ah, I see," He walked over to the chair next to you and sat down.

"So," You spoke, not taking your eyes off Keith, nor your head off the table.

Keith laughed, interrupting what you were going to say.

"What?" You asked.

"Nothing," He grinned. "It's just that you look cute."

You blushed. "Oh yeah, at three in the morning, I bet I look great. Not tired at all, you know?"

"No, not at all." He played along. "Would you like to come smash some things with me until six?"

You rolled your eyes and teased him. "You and smashing things. What's up with that?"

"The same as usual. Like it has been for the past three months." He laughed as you rolled your eyes once again.

"So," You emphasized, changing the subject. "I saw your girlfriend was here tonight."

"Mary?" He questioned. "Well yeah, but we broke up."

Your eyes went wide. "Would she really travel all that way just to brake up with you? Man, I'm sorry."

"Don't be," He said with ease. "I broke up with her."

Well, that was quick. This time, your face went a deep shade of red. Keith was free, which meant you might have a chance.

"Why are you blushing (Y/N)?" He asked, inching his way closer to you. "Do you have a crush on me or something?" He joked, laughing a little bit.

"Well, more than you would know," You said, finally lifting your head off the table.

It was Keith's turn to blush. Already sitting close enough to touch you, he put his hand on your cheek and pulled you closer to him.

"(Y/N)," He mumbled. "I want to kiss you."

"Then-then kiss me," You stuttered, barely having time to get the sentence out of your mouth.

Keith crashed into you, kissing you passionately. His hands ran through your hair, making you feel the best you had felt in ages.

He pulled away, breathing heavily. "Come on," He finally said. "Let's get back to the hotel and get some sleep. Then, we can finally do what we both want to do the most,"

Your eyes widened, and your cheeks went hot. You couldn't imagine what that-

"Smash hotel rooms."

You shoved him as he cackled. Walking out of the room, you left him behind, as confused as ever.

"Hey, come back!" He shouted. "I want to kiss you again!"

"Nope," You stood from outside the door. "You ruined the moment."

But after a while you couldn't help running back to give him at least one more goodnight kiss.

Okay, maybe about twenty.

Author's Note: Not really sure if I like this or not. Thanks for reading anyways. Request if you'd like! -Liz :)