Steven Adler #1 (Guns N' Roses)

I have one more request after this, then I'm going to go back to updating more regularly and on a schedule.

Requested by PunkerRock

The street was dark, no lights peeking through the sides of the building or anything like that. It was too late for anyone to be out, or for anything to be on. So you weren't regretting not walking home and deciding to ride with Steven.

He had offered after his last recording session, seeing as though you had came into visit the band, being good friends with them. You didn't even realize how late at night it was until actually stepping out of the building.

The headlights on the man's car were the only thing lighting up the dark road in front of the two of you. You were on a bumpy road, not paved, with only grass and occasionally a couple of old buildings on the side of it.

Normally it would only take you five minutes to get home if you were the one driving, but not tonight. See, you weren't the best with directions, so you told Steven what was close to your apartment, and he said he knew the way. But apparently, it was a longer way than what you'd usually take when you would walk home.

But hey, you weren't complaining. Some extra minutes in the car with him was not necessarily the worst thing to exist.

However, most of the ride home was silent. It wasn't awkward or anything, we'll, okay, maybe a little bit awkward, the pair of you had kind of run out of things to say after you had left the studio. You just wondered when you'd get to bed that night, considering how slow this ride was taking.

You stared out the window beside you, putting my your head on the glass, causing the hair to slide up above you.

You looked out at the sky, and paid attention to the shapes the stars made and how high the moon was. Instantly, the Big Dipper was spotted. It seemed like it was always out. The moon was full tonight and very bright so you could see it reflecting of the window and the others in the car.

"Do you mind if I turn on the radio?" Steven cleared his throat as you turned your head towards him.

"No, not at all," You replied, turning your head back to looking out the window. Music would be a great conversation starter, and could maybe even lighten the mood. You really just wanted to hear a song you enjoyed at the moment.

He pressed a button and adjusted the dials so music soon came flowing out of the radio.

What came on, was 'Love Me Tender' by Elvis. You knew all the words to it, and granted your luck right, because you enjoyed the song very much.

You softly sang along with the words and saw the man look at me out of the corner of my eye. You ignored him, shut your eyes, and continued to sing.

"You really do have a good voice, you know," He started, causing your eyes to open.

"Thank you," you blushed. "You probably do too."

He chuckled. "Yeah, that's why I'm the drummer, right?" He joked.

"Mhm, okay," You teased.

"Okay." He mimicked your tone.

The silence came back for a bit while you tried to fall asleep, not succeeding with this bumpy road. But soon didn't feel the need to as Steven kept talking.

"Look, (Y/N), I really need to tell you something," He spoke.

"Sure," You turned around again to smile at him.

He took a deep breath before actually letting everything on his mind out. "I know we've been friends for a while and everything, but I can help to want," He paused. "I can't help to want more."

"What do you mean by that?" You said, trying not to sound eager. But now you became more involved in the conversation.

"I mean that you're a smart, caring, kind, and beautiful girl that I really like," He didn't sound like he regretted what had just been said. "And I really like you."

Smart, caring, kind, and beautiful. That's what I was just called by Steven. You couldn't help but smile and stutter. You didn't think he could see it, it was too dark, but your cheeks turned very red.

"Thank you. I really like you too," You finally managed to squeak out. Now, you were looking at him straight on. He was just looking out at the road, for he had to, but if he didn't, you believed he would have looked at you the same passionate way.

You felt him reach over towards the passenger seat. He didn't look at you, he kept his eyes on the road, but you saw him swallow.

He grabbed your hand and intertwined your fingers with his own, making your heart almost explode out of your chest.

You looked over at him nervously as he did so, and saw a little smile forming and the corner of his mouth, so you automatically let a smile come upon yours as well.

And for the rest of the ride home, with the music playing on the background, you didn't look out the window anymore. You only looked at him.

A/n: I said this would take a little while but I got inspired tonight so here it is. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)