Bob Dylan #2

Saw this man in concert last month and have had this idea for the longest time. This is set during the Rolling Thunder Revue Tour from 1975-1976. The preface of this one shot is that there is an age difference between Dylan and the main character, of about ten years.

  The bar crowded with the smells of smoke and sweat. You slightly leaned back in your chair and took a swig of your beer, swallowing the cold liquid before bringing the cigarette in your right hand to your lips, and taking a drag.

  You blew out smoke and took a look to your left, watching the man with the brown, curly hair and the flat-brimmed, white hat to cover it, order yet another drink, his third of the night.

He turned to have his eyes meet yours, and you smirked, letting the cigarette now hang from in between your lips. The man smiled shyly just before looking away from you and back at the bar in front of him, making you put the cigarette back in your hand, licking your lips to clear them of all smoke as you did so.

Your eyes now away from his, shifted down to what you were wearing. It was a silk, mustard yellow top with a low cut, v-neck and loose sleeves. The actual shirt itself was tight on your body, so you had made the decision to tuck into some bell bottoms.

Your hair, however, was halfway pinned back to keep it out of your face while you were up on stage. Something that you had done every night you had a concert. It was just easier that way.

  Tonight's part of the tour was played in Boston. It was late November, about a week from Thanksgiving and was cold as hell outside. Touring up North wasn't something you particularly enjoyed, for you liked the hot weather better, but a time would come for that.

  The actual tour however, was electric. Everyone else didn't seem to think so since they had been on so many tours before, but this was your first. You were easily the youngest musician on this journey, but from what you had heard from others, the younger you were, the more fun you had. And you couldn't agree more.

  Playing on stage for such a small crowd gave you the most amazing sensation. The intimacy between not only you and the crowd, but between you and the musicians or rather the musician was incredible.

  As if he could read your mind, the man you were thinking about walked over from the bar and two tables across from you just so he could stare at you. And you knew it. Yet, he refused to make it so obvious that the two of you actually talked in person, and you weren't sure why.

  His eyes roamed your body as he took a sip of his beer and you smirked to yourself, rolling your eyes and looking away. You quietly wondered how he could act like a completely different person when there were others around, and drank to that.

  He acted as if the two of you didn't spend every late night together in each hotel. He acted as if he never asked you about your family or your life before the tour. He acted as if he didn't even know you were around.

Yet, there he was wherever you were, always catching his eyes upon you. He might've tried to not make obvious, but if anyone looked close enough, he'd soon discover he had failed.

You bit the nail of your thumb and glanced back in his direction only to find that his seat was empty, and turned around to see him walking behind you and into the hall with the exit to outside.

He motioned for you to follow him and you nodded slightly, taking another drag of the cigarette and waiting a couple seconds before standing up to go meet him. Once up, you began walking through the darkened hallway and pushed open the door to outside, connecting eyes with a certain man sitting on the curb

"It's fucking freezing," Was the first thing you mumbled, throwing your shortened cigarette on the pavement and stomping on it.

  "Welcome to the North," He chuckled as you strolled over to the curb and sat next to him.

  The man was the first to speak again, yet he changed the subject. You could see his hot breath in the cold air as he spoke every word.

  "(Y/N), remind me how old you are again," He said and rubbed his thumb and pointer finger against one another.

  "Twenty-three, I'll be twenty-four next month," You replied without hesitation and saw the corners of his lips turn upwards.

  "That's right, you're the baby of the group," He turned to look at you and continued smiling.

"I'm not that young," You insisted.

"When you were born I was in fifth grade. If you're not that young then I'm not that old, which we both know isn't true, right?"

  "Oh come on," You rolled your eyes and smirked. "Once you're past eighteen age is just a number."

  As you said this, you took the white hat off of the man's head and placed it gently on your own, causing him to laugh.

  "And why eighteen?" He ran a hand through his newly exposed, staticky hair.

  "Because that's when everything's legal," You said and pulled the hat down closer to your eyes with both hands. "You can officially vote, drink, and sleep with anyone of any age, unless of course, they're under eighteen."

  "You're not a kid anymore?" He questioned your reasoning.

  "Exactly," You lowered your voice and stared at him deeply. "You're as independent as ever and I love it."

  "So the great thing about being an adult is doing whatever you want, huh?" He clarified. "No worries about bills or housing?"

  "Yep," You responded, popping the 'p'. "And there's no need to worry about that when on tour."

  "Very true," The man said. "But you'll need to worry about which room to stay in at the hotel."

  "I'll already have a room booked," You smiled.

  "Well would you rather stay in the one you have, or with me?" He smirked and you played along just as easily.

"Oh I'm not too sure about that," You teased. "I may be old enough to stay with you but I don't think I want to." You joked around.

"Will this change your mind?"

And his lips were slowly, and gently placed upon your own. His hand reached for a spot between your chest and shoulder, pushing you slightly back with his body as he did so, causing you to giggle slightly.

You began to move your mouth in sync with his and threw both your arms around his neck. Careful to make sure the hat on your head didn't poke the man in the eye, you quickly adjusted it just before pulling away to breathe.

"I think that just might," You answered and leaned back in for more.

A/n: I'm not really sure what the point of that was but I liked it haha. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)