Roger Taylor #2 (Queen)

For queenmeddows

I've been binge-watching Parks And Recreation lately (it's so funny), and this one shot is basically based on a scene between Leslie and Ben. Enjoy :)

Also this was going to be the Paul Simonon idea, but I just had too many requests and not enough ideas lol.

You sat in the back of the band's van, looking around at every amp and other small detail that filled it. You laid down on the carpet that was underneath it, and let your legs hang from the edge, your hair spread out beside you.

Waiting for the band, Queen to pack up from backstage, you thought about how their gig went tonight.

You had been friends with the band for a long time now, and they were only starting to get big. You had supported them for a while, but hadn't been out to see them play since god knows when.

So Brian invited you tonight, and you agreed, but very hesitantly. The only thing was keeping you from hanging out with the band day and night was the drummer, Roger Taylor.

However, you didn't hate Roger, in fact it was quite the opposite. You loved him. You had been in love with him since the day you met. And he was in love with you too.

You had dated for a while, and things were serious. For the first couple of months everything was perfect. You loved each other and didn't have a single problem to deal with.

But life still went on, and it got crazier for the both of you, but mostly him. Time went by and with everything that was going on, you just couldn't keep it up anymore.

   You broke up shortly after, and still tried to be friends. Which, for the most part was successful, besides the fact that you were in love with him.

   You couldn't help it, for just the thought of him made you blush. Yet, here you were, still trying to spend every minute with him without getting to close.

   "Hi (Y/N)," Someone's voice pulled you out of your thoughts, and up from the back of the van.

   Speak of the Devil, it was Roger.

   "Hi Roger," You replied, your cheeks immediately going red.

   He joined you in the back of the van, as you made room for him to sit next to you on the rugged carpet.

  "Aren't you supposed to be backstage with the band?" You asked him as his legs dangled, moving from side to side.

   "Well, I was for a little bit, but I decided to come back out here, to get away from all the craziness." He gave you a small smile.

   "Oh,"

   "So, what'd you think of the show?" He asked.

   You chuckled a bit and started to speak. "Well..." Your words drifted off while you figured out what to say.

   "Wow," He joked. "Really that bad?"

   "Shut up," You playfully shoved him while he laughed. "If you needed to know, I was trying to find what to say about how great it was."

   "Okay," He suspiciously said. "But seriously, what did you think?"

   "It was amazing," You told him honestly. "The energy you guys bring, and what you do to get the crowd involved. It's a great feeling and it makes an even better concert."

   "Thanks," He shyly mumbled.

   "But of course, my favorite part was the drummer," You joked, making both of you grin.

   "My favorite part was the girl in the audience, who was wearing a black shirt."

  Realizing that you were in fact, wearing a long-sleeved, black shirt, your heart began to race about what he was talking about.

   "Oh really?" You inquired, and raised an eyebrow. "What did you like about her?"

   "How beautiful she looked," He stared confidently, not a stutter in his words.

There was a moment of silence before Roger began to talk again.

"You realize I'm talking about you, right?"

You laughed. "Yeah, I figured,"

"You know," He started. "I really do mean it. You're beautiful."

"Thank you," You blushed and pushed a strand of hair behind your ear. You wanted him, you really did, but you knew if you got back together with him, it would just be a repeat of last time.

Roger grabbed ahold of your hand, and intertwined your fingers with his. You were lost in the moment for a second, but quickly pulled it away, as you realized what was happening.

"Roger..." You told him. "I like you, but I can't. I don't want to. I just can't."

"Why not?" He quickly asked. "Is it because of what happened before?"

You nodded your head.

"I don't want a repeat of what went on in the past. We knew it was a bad idea at first, and eventually we regretted it. It's not a good idea." You said.

"Regret?" He asked sharply, and jumped off the back of the van and onto the street in front of you. "I didn't regret anything. I loved being with you."

"Being with me? Rog, we were barely together the entire relationship. It didn't work out because of everything you had going on." You argued.

"And now you're even more famous, and you think this will work out the second time? I doubt it."

"Alright, alright," He replied, annoyed. "I know it didn't work out the first time. You're right, it was shit."

"Thanks," You uncertainly agreed, not sure what he was going to say next.

"But you know what," He pointed at you. "I don't really care anymore."

"Rog—"

He cut you off and continued to talk. "This is how I feel (Y/N). I'm almost sure that I'm in love with you. And I want to be with you. No matter how busy things get, I just want us to be together."

You sat still, contemplating what Roger was saying. You knew how you felt, but you didn't know if it was really the right decision.

But you couldn't help to agree with everything he had just said. You wanted to feel him close to you again. You wanted to be with him again.

And before you knew it, you made the first move, jumped off the van, and walked over to Roger.

Instantly planting his lips on yours, you found yourself missing how soft his touch was, and how easy his mouth moved in sync with his.

You missed him, and you weren't going to let anything get in the way of what you had now.

Author's Note: I didn't really like the beginning of that, but the end was okay. Thanks for reading, and feel free to request! -Liz :)

Also, today I finally got off for Holiday break, and I have a very long and detailed imagine planned, so get ready.