Ray Davies #3 (The Kinks)

Requested by lol80s Thanks for requesting!

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me." One after another, that's all I was saying. Actually, more like mumbling. I was just trying to make my way backstage, but with the amount of people packed into this place, it was almost impossible.

    I was really surprised they could fit all these people into one tiny pub. I mean, there had to be a limit sometime, I just wondered when it was.

  I also had no clue why everyone was hanging around in the hallway to get backstage, smoking their cigarettes and blowing smoke into my face, which somebody can imagine, made my journey even more enjoyable.

  But finally, after what took forever, I had clawed my way through all those people and had made it to the end of the hallway. I smoothed my shirt out and debated which way to go.

  There were two entrances, which I was now standing at, both filled with lots of light and leading to more hallways.

  Eh, I thought. If I went the wrong way I could just come back and try the other.

  So without a doubt, I went left and walked down that hallway.

  "Excuse me," I mumbled again as I walked past a couple people once again gathered where I needed to go.

  Damn, how many people were really in this place?

  Soon I approached a door with a sign that read, Backstage on it. Frankly, I was pretty surprised no security guard was blocking the door asking for a pass.

  That also made me wonder why there were no backstage passes for this thing either. I mean, they were The Kinks so I was kind of astonished about everything going on not in front of the stage, but behind it.

Yes, The Kinks. I was backstage at a Kinks concert and the only reason I got access was because I was their producer. Besides, if it were up to me I wouldn't have even come to this thing. It was a certain lead singer that practically forced me to come.

Ray was practically the only one in the band I ever talked to, but even still, he was the one that meant the most to me. I might've had a small crush on him, but I couldn't help it with the way he constantly flirted. He desperately wanted me to come to this gig tonight, so here I was.

  I opened the door, again being hit by not only the smell of smoke and alcohol, but what I frankly remembered being the smell of weed.

  I rolled my eyes, over-thinking why I decided to go to this thing once again.

  There weren't many people here, but more than I knew of, so I didn't have trouble finding the mop-top of dark brown hair in the midst of the crowd.

  I walked over to who I hoped to be Ray. Once I saw him, I began to joke.

  "How come you don't do that well while you're in the studio?" I laughed as he turned around and smiled.

  "(Y/N)!" He exclaimed. "I'm glad you decided to come!

  "Oh yeah, no problem." I said. I found it kind of weird that at some moments around Ray I felt so confident, but at others, I was a blushing mess. "You did great tonight."

  "Thank you." He looked down at his feet, and I'm pretty sure we both blushed. Yeah, tonight wasn't one of those confident nights. Maybe two minutes ago it was, but not now.

  "Hey, what are you two talking about?" I suddenly came into focus when I heard another girl's voice speaking.

  As I saw who was speaking, I noticed she had on a big leopard fur jacket, along with a black dress under it, and black boots that went up to her knees. So much for my striped shirt and jeans.

  Her hair was hanging down just below her shoulders, and her bangs practically covered her eyes which had lots of black eyeliner on top of them.

  She had her hand intertwined with Ray and her other arm wrapped around his chest, as if she were pulling him into a very protective hug.

  Ah, so this is Jenny. Just as expected.

  Jenny was Ray's girlfriend that he hadn't failed to stop talking about for the past month or so. He seemed so eager for me to meet her, and tonight was that night. I, however, was not quite as eager.

  "Oh, (Y/N), this is Jenny, and Jen, this is (Y/N)," The man introduced us to one another.

  "Hi, nice to meet you." I said while holding my hand out for her to shake.

  But instead of her offering her hand back, she just stood there, her arm wrapped around Ray, and gave me sort of a bitch-like smile that I'd recognize anywhere.

  "So you're the one Ray talks about so much, huh?" Her smile dissolved and she became more sarcastic.

  I pulled my hand back, already looking like a total idiot, as the older Davies brother gave her a warning look.

  "Haha." I lightly chuckled. But she wasn't smiling. "You know, Ray talks about you a lot too.

  "Oh I sure hope so," She remarked while studying over her painted nails, that looked like they had just gotten a manicure.

  I self-consciously looked down at the stubs of mine. I bit them quite often.

  "So, you're a producer?" She said.

  "Uh yeah, I really like my job. It's pretty cool getting to work with these guys too," I said and smiled while pointing to Ray desperately trying to lighten the mood.

  Ray smiled back at me but Jenny didn't budge.

  "Yeah, I love my job too. I'm a fashion designer. I think I'd love it much more than being a producer," She smirked.

  At this I said nothing. I knew all this girl wanted was to tear me down and claim her 'territory', which was Ray.

  And the worst part was, Davies didn't even seem to care how she treated me. And it didn't look like they were going to be splitting up anytime soon.

  "Let's go somewhere else." Jenny whispered solely to Ray. She led the way as the man followed, while mouthing a 'sorry' towards me. He looked like an abused puppy, being dragged around by her.

  As they walked away, I knew that I definitely should have not come to this thing.

  My feelings for Ray were still lingering slightly and they probably weren't going away for a while. But I didn't need him at the moment. He had Jenny. Now I just needed to show that girl that I wasn't someone who could be pushed around.

Author's Note: This was something I wrote for another musician a long time ago, but I thought it would go really well with Ray, idk why but I think it did haha. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)