Alex James #1 (Blur) Part Two

Softball is starting back up and it's just becoming a lot. I'm trying to find some more time to write cause it's what I want to do the most.

The door slammed behind the two of us, Alex being the one who closed it. We were already into the small dressing room as he turned around to face me, shooting me a glare.

"You just can't help yourself, can you?"

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. "I'm not the one who can barely keep my hands off that groupie!"

  "She's not a groupie," He mumbled, running a hand through his dark, black hair.

  "I don't care, Alex," I spoke. "You can't do that in public, much less backstage five minutes before a show."

"You can't tell me what to do,"

"I'm your manager," I replied and crossed my arms. "When your decisions affect the band then I can tell you what to do, and I will."

"And how the hell does this affect the band?" He asked and slouched back against the wall to the left of the door.

"There's publicists all around back there and you were making a fool of yourself!" I argued.

"There's no one back there five minutes before a show and you know it," He bit his lip and crossed his arms just as mine were.

  We fell into a silence, glancing back and forth from inanimate objects to each other, not saying anything for a good couple minutes. However, he decided not to leave the room, which I took as a relatively good sign.

"This isn't about managing,"

He was first to break the silence.

"Huh?"

"This isn't about you being the manager or me being 'unprofessional' and you know it," He finished and uncrossed his arms like it was no big deal.

"And why would you say that?" I questioned.

  "Because of what happened last night,"

  All at once, the elephant in the room was completely gone. Here we stood, face to face, with nothing in between us. Only what had happened last night.

  "You're jealous," He mumbled, and pulled out a random cigarette and lighter from his pocket. He dangled the cigarette in between his lips and lit it soon after.

  "Are you dumb?!" I exclaimed and ran both of my hands through my hair, letting it fall in front of my face.

  Alex took the cigarette out from his lips and held it in between his fingers. I could tell he was shocked I had said that, although he'd never say anything.

  "What?" He laughed, uncomfortably.

  "Are you dumb?" I repeated. "You really think I'm jealous of a groupie?"

  He narrowed his eyes at the mention of the 'forsaken word' but continued to talk anyways.

  "Of course you are," He took a drag. "After what happened last night I would be as well."

  I practically felt my blood boil. "Don't act like you know how I feel, Alex. Because you have no fucking clue."

  Once I realized he had nothing to say in response, I continued.

  "I'm not jealous," I partially lied. "I'm confused," My voice lowered at the next part. "I'm so confused as to how you could say you loved me, and then make out with another girl like it's nothing!"

"I didn't say that I loved you, I said that I thought I was in love with you. I wasn't sure," He tried to make excuses for himself.

"Like that changes anything!" I threw my hands up in frustration. "You can't- you can't just do that!"

"I didn't mean to,"

"It doesn't matter! You can't make me feel like we're made to be together and then break my heart before what we had even began!" I cried.

"(Y/N), I'm really sorry,"

"I feel like a piece of trash after tonight! You said you loved me and then left me in the dark! And it's bullshit, it's such bullshit!"

  "I don't know what to say," By now, the man had finished his cigarette and walked over to me, putting it out on the tray to my right.

  "Then tell me why you left me hanging," I whispered now that he was close, tears streaming down my face. "Didn't last night mean something to you?"

  "It did," He lowered his voice to meet mine. "And I meant what I said."

  "Then why didn't you say that in the first place? Why did you make me think that you didn't?" My vision blurred with even more tears.

  "Because I've never fucking felt like this before," He sighed. "As cheesy as that sounds, I'm just as confused as you. I didn't know what to do."

I took easy notice of how Alex felt now that he finally opened up. I smiled slightly to myself, thinking about what he had said. He loved me. And I thought, no, I knew I loved him as well.

"Kiss me," I responded to his last statement, tears still stained on my cheeks, yet smiling.

His eyes flashed to mine before I saw the same exact smile appear on his own lips. "Are you sure?"

"Yes,"

And so there we were, his hands gently wiping the tears off my cheeks, bringing his lips closer and closer to mine before they finally touched, igniting a feeling I hadn't had before.

That feeling was love.

A/n: Not gonna lie, I really liked that one. I hope you liked it as well. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)