Ric Ocasek #1 (The Cars)

For jamieLeecupcakes She is so awesome, go follow her and read all of her stories because they're great.

Things didn't always used to be like this for Kristen and Ric, of course, it was the quite opposite.

They used to be best friends, and were as close as possible. They did everything together, and Kristen couldn't imagine what a world without him would look like.

However, she never saw herself starting a relationship with him, and yet, that's exactly what happened.

  Seven months. That's how long the couple had been dating for. And even though she didn't dream of it before, she couldn't be happier than she was right now.

  As of now, her lover had his arm draped around her shoulder, while her head laid on his chest, hearing his soft breath and the rhythm of his heartbeat.

  Kristen smiled to herself, thinking about how much she enjoyed these little moments.

  She wanted to stay in his arms forever, if that was possible.

  However, she knew it wasn't, for he was leaving for tour in only a couple of hours.

  The tour would go on for five months, and Ric promised Kristen that he would visit every once in a while, and call every night, but Kristen still had a bit of doubt in her heart.

  What if he slept with other girls? Or stopped calling? What if he got home and got instantly tired of her?

  Too many thoughts filled Kristen's head, and she decided she needed to get some fresh air for a second.

  Looking up at her boyfriend, and seeing that he was sound asleep, the girl slowly got up from Ric's warmth and comfort, and peeled herself out of bed.

She walked through the doorway of their newly shared bedroom, and into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and pouring water for herself.

Instead of filling her mind with uneasy thoughts, Kristen thought about how her and Ric had just moved in together.

She was overjoyed when he asked her, and instantly said yes.

And now, she couldn't be happier, living with the love of her life. She loved spending time with him.

But Kristen's mind wandered to when he was leaving, and how the girl would have to stay in the apartment all by herself.

Just the thought made her shiver with goosebumps, so that's when she decided it would be a good time to head outside, and clear her head.

Opening the glass door that led to the balcony, she stepped out into the cool air, and let out a sigh.

She looked at the city building, for the lights on them were almost always lit up in New York, where the couple lived.

Taking a sip of the water, Kristen ran a hand through her hair, and leaned slightly on the railing of the balcony.

Kristen only had a couple minutes to herself before she felt hands being wrapped around her waist, making her jump, and spill some water on the street below her.

She quickly covered her mouth and stifled a laugh, as she looked behind her, and saw Ric, also trying not to laugh too loud.

He rested his chin on her shoulder, and his back was hunched over in a weird way, making Kristen laugh a little bit.

"Doesn't that hurt your back?" She asked. "I mean, you're much taller than me."

"Not really," He said. "As long as I'm holding onto you."

The last comment made Kristen blush. She knew it. She was falling more and more in love with this man everyday, and she didn't want to stop.

"So what are you out here for?" He asked her, releasing her hips and standing next to her.

"Just to get some air," She replied. "And get my mind off some things."

  "Like what?"

  "You leaving for tour," Kristen said it aloud, knowing that she couldn't keep that from him forever.

  At the sound of this, Ric took ahold of Kristen's hand, and reassured her of what was going to happen.

  "I promise I'll call every night," He smiled at her. "And I'll visit when I can, you know that, right?"

  "Yeah, but what about what goes on during tour," She breathed. "I won't be there to see what happens and-"

  Kristen paused for a second. "And, I think I'll just miss you too much,"

  "Kristen," Ric spoke, softly cupping her cheek. "I'll miss you too. But I swear, it'll be over before we both know it."

  "Okay," Kristen mumbled, having a little more assurance.

  Rick kissed the girl passionately, and after a couple seconds, pulled back so that only their foreheads were touching.

  "I love you," He said. "I'll be home before you know it.

  "I love you too," Kristen replied, still never wanting the man to leave.

  Author's Note: Cheesy, but I hoped you liked it. I have another request next and then I have two ideas, but I don't know which one I'll be doing. Thanks for reading! -Liz :)