Brian Jones/Keith Richards (The Rolling Stones)

So this is going to be long and more serious. So there is a trigger warning for physical and alcohol abuse, but it's not too serious. This is something I know sort of well enough to write about, and with Brian Jones' past, and the whole deal with Anita Pallenberg and Keith Richards in Morocco, I decided to. This is also written in third person, because it's kind of like you're Anita in the story. I hope that's alright. Okay, enjoy.

Morocco, 1967

She only stayed under for a long time because that's when it hurt the least. The pain was taken away for a couple of seconds. Both physically and mentally.

Unfortunately, she couldn't stay under forever. And when she came up from the blue water, she smoothed her wet hair back and straightened herself out, trying to seem as okay as she could be.

   Lifting her hand up to right under her eye, she could feel her skin bruising. It hurt just to touch it, and she couldn't imagine how it would feel to go through that pain everyday.

   Not wanting to enquire how it felt anymore, she quickly went underwater and swam around a bit more, before her mind could wander off to last night.

   However, she couldn't contain herself from focusing on what had happened. It was the only thing that had occurred during this useless trip, but it was the only thing she could think about. All that played in her mind was him. What he did.

   Of course Brian had come back to the hotel drunk, all he ever did now was drink. But she never would have thought that he would go as far as to hit her, and hurt her.

She could never have believed that he would try to hurt her, and then still not apologize when he was sober. But then again, she couldn't really tell the difference when he was sober and drunk. With all the drinking he did, it blurred together.

   She was distraught about the entire thing, but she couldn't let that show. She wouldn't. She was tougher than that to let it get the best of her. All she could do right now was focus on better things in the future, not in the past.

  And right now, all she had to focus on was the present. The water that she swam in, the view of the foreign country in front of her, and how she was doing all she could to ease the pain.

   "(Y/N), (Y/N)," She could vaguely hear someone call her name from above the water.

   Taking her time to rise up with the pressure, she lifted her head out of the water, and slicked her now dark hair behind her head once again.

   She came face to face with the blonde-haired man who she desired to see the least. He was standing right at the pool's edge, and looked angry, as if it was something she did.

   "Has he been drinking again?" She thought to herself while her arms and torso rested in the water.

   She had a feeling that the thoughts and paranoia of the drunk night would stick around with her for a while, and wouldn't be going away anytime soon.

   Brian looked the girl up and down in the water, seeming as if he was trying to fit together the pieces of a puzzle. As if he couldn't find anything wrong with her. She looked broken inside and out.

   "The party's in two hours," He mumbled about Mick's birthday that they were all here for. "You oughta be getting ready soon."