Damon Albarn #1 (Blur)

I don't think y'all know how much I love Damon Albarn

I don't think y'all know how much I love Damon Albarn. Like, my love for him is unreal. Plus, Blur is great.

   You got up very early in the morning, while it was still dark out, and you weren't quite sure why. Normally, you would have slept in with no problem, but for some reason, this past week were the days where you awoke when the moon was still out and couldn't go back to sleep.

Rubbing your eyes gently, you rolled over to the side of your bed and glanced at the digital clock on your nightstand, which read '3:47'. Quietly, you groaned to yourself and laid your head back down on your pillow.

Staring up at the ceiling, you sighed and attempted to run a hand through your knotted, messy hair. After you had only gotten halfway through, your hand hit the pillow and decided to release the strands of hair while your mind went into thought.

You began to think about the reason you had been abruptly waking up in the middle of the night. The only thing you could think of was the drastic change that happened last month. The one that was most likely causing this awful pattern.

Last month, you and your boyfriend broke up. The reason for it wasn't a big blow-up or anything like that, it was just that you had grown apart. And that was alright.

Of course, at first you were upset because it felt like a part of you was missing. But eventually, you got over the breakup and realized that it was for the best. However, lately that first feeling had been slowly returning to your head and heart. You weren't sure why, but as you were thinking about it now, you figured it had something to do with your messed up sleep schedule.

Quickly releasing the thought from your mind, knowing that you could do nothing about it, you threw the bed covers off yourself and decided to get up for the day, since there was no chance of you falling back asleep. Soon after, you grabbed the book you were reading off your nightstand and clenched it in your hand while walking downstairs.

Once downstairs, you reached the living room and plopped down on your couch, opening the book and beginning to read. A couple times, you were sure you were going to fall back asleep, but it wasn't until ten minutes in that you dozed off. However, you woke yourself up just enough to grab a pillow and lay down on the couch, dropping your book on the floor.

Once you had finally snuggled up in a comfortable position, a knock came on the door, which made you confused, yet you still got up to answer it.

"Who knocks on the door at four in the morning?" You mumbled to yourself and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes while walking to the door.

You stood on your tiptoes and looked through the peephole on the door to check who it was knocking. And what you saw made your heart beat a thousand times faster than before.

It was your ex-boyfriend, Damon, standing there and fiddling his hands around, taking small steps in a circle. He looked anxious, which made you feel a little bit better, so you stepped back to unlock the door.

The man turned his head to look you directly in the eye once you had opened the door. "Hi," He said and didn't move his eyes.

"Hey," You replied, feeling a bit uncomfortable being stared at when you had just gotten out of bed.

"Uh," Damon looked down at the floor and scratched the back of his neck, remembering what time it was. "Sorry for coming here early in the morning. Did I wake you?" He gave no reason as to why he was at your house in the first place.

"No, actually I was already up," You answered. "I haven't been sleeping very well lately."

"Me neither," He bonded and stood there as you remembered your manners.

"Do you want to come in?" You asked and pointed behind you to the inside of your house. Damon nodded his head in reply while he walked past you and you shut the door behind him.

  You strutted in behind him and sat back down on your couch, the man across from you, leaving much space in between the two of you.

  "Do you want something to drink or anything like that?" You asked, trying your best to be polite, but couldn't ignore the fact that you had no clue why he was here.

  "No thanks," He mumbled and looked down at his lap, saying nothing else.

  Finally, you decided to ask what had been on your mind, before your ex had the chance to say anything else.

  "Damon," You began, causing his eyes to look up at yours. "Why are you here? Especially at this time?"

  He hesitated to answer, but tried his best to come up with the exact answer to your question. He wasn't quite sure why he was here either, but he had an idea.

  "I don't really know," He admitted. "But ever since we've broken up I've been... off."

  "Off?" You questioned.

  "Yeah," He said. "Off. I've been waking up really early, and I haven't been doing well during recording, and I..." Damon's sentence drifted off.

  "You, what?"

  "I just think I miss you," He spoke. "A lot."

  You were surprised by his sudden burst of truth, but not completely shocked. You had thought a lot about the past month and your new life without him. And it just wasn't the same. Something was missing.

  "I miss you too," You responded in similarity and you saw a slight smile appear on his face. "But that doesn't mean we can just drop everything and get back together with each other."

  Damon's smile slowly began to fade. "What? Why not?"

  You chuckled a bit at his determination. "Don't you have a new girlfriend?"

  "It was a fling," He answered without hesitation. "You can't believe everything the press puts out there, anyways."

  "Yeah," You nodded your head and thought about how he was right.

  "But that doesn't matter," The man continued. "All that matters is that I'm still in love with you."

  This time, the last part did take you by surprise. Your ex was still in love with you, no matter how much time you spent apart. But now, you asked yourself if you felt the same way.

  "Damon..." You drifted off but came back to your original direction. "What- how? We broke up."

  "But ever since then, something's been wrong. Something, some part has been missing. And that part is you,"

  And that was all you needed for you to come to your answer.

  You moved closer to Damon and put your hand on his shoulder, your lips meeting his right in the middle. He followed your movements and put his hands in your hair, running them through it while he kissed you. He smiled into the kiss and so did you, knowing that you made the right choice.

  The choice; the answer, was Damon. And it would be. Always.

A/n: Ok so I kind of really liked that? Like, it was cheesy but kind of realistic? Idk, thanks for reading. -Liz :)