Paul Simonon #2 (The Clash)

I've had this idea for awhile and since I'm done with requests I can finally do it! Enjoy!

"You'll be here tonight, right?" A pair of eyes stared at you as you tuned around from your spot inside the bar-area.

"Paul, I'm always here," You responded and smiled, seeing him return the favor while you continued to put wine bottles back on the shelf where they belonged.

And that was the truth, for the only way to make enough money was to work day and night. Tiring work, that was. Work that practically drained you.

With a demanding boss and even more demanding customers, work at this restaurant/bar/live music concert place wasn't always glorious.

"Very true," The man smirked at you.

But people like Paul made it better. And Mick of course.

"But you have to be here tonight," Paul groaned, flipping around from outside the bar and heading inside, next to you. "It will be our best show yet."

"You say that every night," You made a point, finally done with cleaning up from last night's mess.

You threw down the ragged cloth used for cleaning off the surfaces down on the table. Paul watched it fall, but then continued to speak.

"But we get better every night we perform, don't we?"

"Hm, I guess," You rested on the counter, being able to do what you wanted since your boss was out.

"You guess?" The man laughed. "We're becoming to be quite the band you know."

Paul played the bass in a band called The Clash, who played at the restaurant almost every night. And luckily for you, you were around long enough to hear them, every single time.

  "I know, I know," You spoke. "And I'm really enjoying the same songs you play every night."

  "Okay," Paul mumbled, getting the hint of sarcasm in your voice. "Well, how about we'll change up the sequence tonight? Just for you."

  "Some new songs would be better, but I guess that will do." You joked, the man playfully shoving you.

  You were going to continue the conversation until the two of you were interrupted by the bells hanging on the front door, jingling. Someone had walked in and as soon as you looked over you knew exactly who it was.

  Your boyfriend, Mick. And this would seem normal, except instead of stopping by and saying "hi" to you, he decided to head directly back, behind the small stage.

  But that wasn't all. Beside him, was another girl, blonde hair and blue eyes, making you feel like dirt. They were hand-in-hand, following each other behind the walls where no one could see them.

  Some boyfriend, huh?

  Frowning a bit, Paul seemed to notice your expression.

  "I wouldn't worry about it," He attempted to make you feel better. "That'll be over before you know it."

  "Yeah," You agreed, used to Mick's mannerisms by now. "But that doesn't change the fact that it still happened."

  "Alright," Paul said, acknowledging both his and your defeat. "But if it makes you feel any better, you were way prettier than that girl."

  "Thanks," You crossed your arms and felt some heat rise to your cheeks, paying attention to the last comment.

  Soon after, Paul looked at the clock hanging above the front door, and began to ramble.