Mick Taylor #1 (The Rolling Stones)

Requested by KillerQueen1794 Thanks for requesting :)

The record was spinning around and around, underneath the needle, each song slowly and softly flowing into the next one. The album sounded great so far. So great and amazing that it almost seemed surreal.

You laid on the bed, the neatly-made covers and sheets underneath you. Staring up at the white ceiling, you waited for your boyfriend to finish drinking water in the kitchen, and come in and join you.

You sighed and brushed a piece of hair out of your face, listening as Factory Girl faded into the beginning lines of Salt Of The Earth.

"Let's drink to the hardworking people," A voice came into the room, quoting what Keith Richards had just said.

"That's a little cliche, don't you think?"

It was your boyfriend, Mick. He smiled at you from where you were laying on the bed and asked you the question.

"Well I hope it's not too cliche," You replied. "After all, you're going to be in the band soon enough."

He laughed in agreement, for it was true. Mick would be joining The Rolling Stones. He got asked after their rhythm guitarist, Brian Jones got kicked out of the band. You weren't sure why, but you were just happy that Mick got an opportunity for himself.

  "Very true," Mick plopped down next to you on the bed and kissed your cheek. "What do you think about it?"

  "The lines to the song?" You asked.

  "No, about me being in the band," He chuckled and clarified.

  "Oh," You blushed. "Well, I think it will be a great opportunity."

  "That was very professional,"

  "Well that's what I think," You smiled. "Anyways, I'm excited for you, that's all." You spoke your honest opinion.

  "Thanks," He replied.

  "But, you're not gonna start living that crazy rock n' roll life, are you?" You interrogated.

  "Of course not," He answered, taking ahold of your hand. "Even though The Stones are probably the most crazy band to ever live, I'm definitely not going to become like that."

  "Not your type of thing?" You snuggled closer to him.

  "Nope,"

  "Alright then," You paused. "Well, you're the one joining the band, so what do you think about it?"

  "I'm excited," He spoke honestly. "I mean, I get to play guitar for fun, and make lots of money. That's pretty great for me."

  You agreed as the Salt Of The Earth ended, along with the entire record. However, neither of you got up to change it, being too lazy to do so.

  "But at the same time, I kind of feel like I have a legacy to live up to or something," Mick spoke honestly. "Brian was really good, I just don't understand how they could kick him out like that."

  "Personal issues I guess," You frowned and rested your head on Mick's shoulder. "But you don't have to be Brian. You're Mick and you're just as good. Even better."

  "Not to be confused with Mick Jagger though," Mick laughed.

  "Yeah, that's gonna be a little tough," You grinned. "Getting used to someone with the same name as you."

  "I think I can manage to get through it," He continued.

  "Hey, maybe you should start going by Michael," You told him and cackled at the thought.

  "Mm, no way," He was quick to say. "I'm still going to go by 'Mick'."

  "Okay,"

  "Do you think I'll stay in the band forever?" He suddenly asked, changing the topic. "I mean, what if they let Brian back in?"

  "Then they do," You said. "But you're in the band right now, so you should enjoy it." You made a point.

  "Ah, what would I do without your wise words?" He rolled over so that he was on top of you, and kissed your temple.

  "I'm not sure,"

Mick went on to join the band, playing on different albums and touring the world. He didn't have to worry about Brian coming back, for he passed away in 1969. Mick didn't leave the band until choice, in 1974.

  As for you and Mick, you stayed together all throughout the insaneness. And the both of you couldn't have been more thankful for each other.

A/n: That was...weird. I don't know, I was really sick today and I stayed home from school so I got this done. Thanks for reading! -Liz :)